Window seal on GTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window seal on GTP

I just noticed this the other day, but on my GTP the passenger side at the top middle of the window doesn't hit the weatherstrip quite right. Theres a section about oh 5 inches or so that pinches upwards when the windows closes.

Hard to explain... I'll try and get a picture of it later. Just wondering if anyone elses was like that?

I know what you're talking about. I saw a few of them like that at the dealership when I was looking around. You might wanna have the dealership fix that.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about that. But my last car had problems with weatherstripping and well, lets just say they could never fix it right.

Comment

I'd still take it in and see what they can do about it. If it comes down to it, they'll have to replace that entire molding, and I think it goes around the entire door, one piece.
        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Yeah I took it in today and had em look at it. Dropping it off on Tuesday for them to work on. So we'll see what happens, they said they might have to replace it.

Just a heads up for it, you all might wanna double check it.

Comment

yea it's a good idea to check all the weather strippings and moldings on the car, especially the ones on the rear window for the coupe. I noticed on a bunch of them that it was crooked and might cause leaks down the road.
            -Mike #1

Comment

My passenger door window hasn't sealed right since day one.

I get a lot of wind noise through that window on the highway. No water comes in when it rains though, so I haven't taken it in yet.

Although, today I'm going to drop off the car first thing in the morning. I have a list of things for them to fix:
              • 3rd brake light is out[/*:m:2fs76wn9]
              • Window doesn't seal right[/*:m:2fs76wn9]
              • Leather on shifter is ripping[/*:m:2fs76wn9]
              • Tranny sometimes rough [i]<I'm going to wait on this one[/*:m:2fs76wn9]

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Where do you get the wind noise? Cause my driver side sometime gets a wind noise coming from the side mirror area.

I'm going to have them look at that too.

One thing they better not try and do is try and lubricate the seal and tell me thats a fix. I'll be going back there every couple weeks once it wears off. But should be ok, the guy who looked at it said they'd order one in if they need to, so I'll just make a big deal about it and tell them they better

Comment

The whole upper edge of the window let's the wind in.

I can actually see the window shake around on windy days.

On the passenger side, I can stick a key between the window and the moulding. On the driver's side, I can't.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Figured I'd post an update, when I took it in they said they ordered a whole new weatherstrip in to replace it. They even ordered both sides even though the drivers side was fine. Said it would take up to 2 weeks, but I hope they get here sometime this week because I hate waiting.

Comment

Word of caution... if the drivers side is fine tell them NOT to mess with it lol.. because as I'm sure alot of people around here will agree with is that you don't have a problem with the drivers side now but you will as soon as they mess with it
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      Originally posted by simplyred
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

if it aint broke, dont fix it

Comment

Well it doesn't make a difference, if it ends up worse then they'll just be ordering in new ones anyways.

The guy there said they had changed the weatherstrip a little because of the problem, so thats why they ordered both sides in. So they would be the same.

Comment

Working...
                          X