anyone get the front plate bracket off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone get the front plate bracket off

it seems to be held on by gromets...anyone get this crap off with out damaging the bumper?...id love to hear how

its held on by rivets. It's a pain to get off, you have to drill some pretty big holes in the bumper to get it off.

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

yea its not even worth it. They drilled the plate on my GTO and i dont even wanna see some dealership put up to 5 holes in the bumper!!
      04 red/red GTO
      05 silver/black G6 GT
      http://www.myspace.com/04redgto

Comment

The one thing I'm worried about is if I get a bodykit like the Razzi it's gonna have to come off, at least just to slip the front valence on. Then hopefully it will fit back on over the piece.
        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

didn't have a front plate bracket from the dealership and don't plan to ever put one on

Comment

Originally posted by Revenant Foe
            didn't have a front plate bracket from the dealership and don't plan to ever put one on
            I second that, my girlfriend's 03 Sunfire has the front license plate because they moved here from Ohio and I must say it looks horrible. Nothing like a huge license plate slapped on the front bumper-really finishes the car off lol.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

by law the dealerships have to put one on here

Mike
              -Mike #1

Comment

Don't need the front plate here either, so it wasn't installed. Just layin in the trunk. Went straight to the garbage............
                Originally posted by Lampoon
                I dub your car.....The Red Hot Chili Pepper!!
                '06 GTP with Tapshift.

Comment

Usually they still give the mounting plate to you in case you want to install it later, actually I didn't get the plate at all.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Revenant Foe
                    same here mine didnt come with it on, so its just in my trunk until i have to put it on. stupid cali laws

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                    Originally posted by ahuhn
                    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Working...
                    X