want the look of clean wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want the look of clean wheels?

I finally got the time to properly wash the car after almost two weeks. The whhels were filthy with dirt and brake dust. I used the MR. CLEAN MAGIC SPONGE to get inside and behind the spokes and the back part of the wheel. It is small enough to fit through and did an excellent job in getting the road grime and dust of the wheel...Now my wheels look as if they have never been drive before.
    My wheel are the 17" painted spoke....should be OK for the chromies as they contain a very mild cleaner

A baby bottle brush works good too. Thanks for the tip.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543500/1

Comment

I try to clean my wheels everytime I wash the car. But when I do a tire rotations, I spend about 15 minutes cleaning each one inside and out. Much easier to do when it's off the car. I also throw a coat of wax on the painted part so dirt can't stick as easy.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

You guys have it good. The new GXP has the dustiest pads ever. After 300 miles they are coated! YUCK!
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

and how do u know this john.... something your not telling us?
          2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
          Black/Black coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann
            and how do u know this john.... something your not telling us?
            he says he has a GP GXP in his sig...he isn't exactly hiding anything

Comment

Yeah those things work pretty good, disintegrates too much though so they are worthless imo lol.

Comment

Citrus Eraser

I bought used aluminum wheels recently. I tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser as well as a couple types of automotive wheel cleaners. None of them worked. My brother said he had something that could remove the baked-on dirt. It's called Citrus Eraser. I was amazed and felt a little bit like Tom Sawyer watching him clean the wheels. Of course, he did drink my beer the night before!

So I took a video of him cleaning one wheel. I cut it down to make the video a bit shorter, and added some titles. It was amazing to see the baked-on brake dust and other dirt come off so quickly and easily... especially after I had spent so much effort with other cleaners, yet I had achieved nothing.

If you're interested in Citrus Eraser, you can contact my brother at Rob@YourSupplyGuy.Com. You can also check-out the manufacturer's web site, http://www.graffitisolutionscanada.com

---- Edit ----
                My brother gave me a small bottle of this stuff... if you're in the Toronto area, maybe I can bring it to a meet somewhere (we'll need water to rinse with).
                Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

Those Mr. Clean erasers are pretty damn impressive, they take a lot of stuff off of a lot of surfaces!
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Mothers power ball.

Small size only. The bigger one sucks.

http://www.sharpshooterv1.com/index.php?act=idx

Comment

here what I do to keep my wheels clean-

*NOTE* I dont drive my car as much as most people on here do. I typically drive my car for 3-4 days and then put it in storage when I go to work. In 3.5 months of ownership I have only put 1800miles on my car and that includes a 400 mile road trip with it.

At the end of every day of driving I take a detailing rag and completely clean all the brake dust off of my rims. I use the superabsorbent type of rag they sell at pepboys. Its the type you would use for fine detailing and waxing.
                      My rims stay looking brand new and I haven't had to polish them yet. I plan on polishing them once a year using a good quality polish. Right now I have the 16inch painted alloy but I have a set of 18inch gtp rims in storage waiting on a set of tires.
                      It takes about 5 minutes at the end of every day to do this, but I figure its worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                        Yeah those things work pretty good, disintegrates too much though so they are worthless imo lol.
                        yea i agree bought some while back worked good but shredded fast
                        Current Mods : 7 color LED under dash/ seats, integration solutions I pod Adapter, 2 Powerbass PS-12 subs powered by a Power Acoustik OV2-2200.

Next on the list an intake..

Comment

Re: Citrus Eraser

Originally posted by GraniteGrey
                          I bought used aluminum wheels recently. I tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser as well as a couple types of automotive wheel cleaners. None of them worked. My brother said he had something that could remove the baked-on dirt. It's called Citrus Eraser. I was amazed and felt a little bit like Tom Sawyer watching him clean the wheels. Of course, he did drink my beer the night before!

So I took a video of him cleaning one wheel. I cut it down to make the video a bit shorter, and added some titles. It was amazing to see the baked-on brake dust and other dirt come off so quickly and easily... especially after I had spent so much effort with other cleaners, yet I had achieved nothing.

---- Edit ----
                          My brother gave me a small bottle of this stuff... if you're in the Toronto area, maybe I can bring it to a meet somewhere (we'll need water to rinse with).
                          This almost sounds like an advirtizing.

Rules here
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

for something that we could all use?

dont see how that is advertising, didnt sound like he was trying to sell, just bring to show how it works so others might want it

Comment

I use citrus-solve and a rim brush. Works great with little effort. IMO any citrus based cleaner seems to work the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X