Fog Light Bulb Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Light Bulb Replacement

How do I replace the fog light bulbs, anybody have a howto?

Remove the headlight, reach down in to the bumper and turn the foglight a quarter turn or so and it will come out. Then remove the bulb from the harness (there are clips on the side holding it in place),

Installation is opposite of removal. Don't touch the glass on the new bulb when you install it.

Comment

Other alternative is to remove all the splash guards under the car, stick your hand up and get to it that way.
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Remove the headlight or splashguards? Geez they made that simple. ;(

Comment

another easier way

Straight down from your foglights under the car is some plastic panels. Theres 2 plastic push pins on either side that you can pop out that loosen the covers enough to see and reach up in behind the fogs and twist the bulbs right out. The wiring is even long enough to pull the plug and bulb all the way out to change them safely.
          My Car Domain
          Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Re: another easier way

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp
            Straight down from your foglights under the car is some plastic panels. Theres 2 plastic push pins on either side that you can pop out that loosen the covers enough to see and reach up in behind the fogs and twist the bulbs right out. The wiring is even long enough to pull the plug and bulb all the way out to change them safely.
            Pretty damn sure I said the same thing.
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

yeh just in a shortened version and one for people that knew what you were talking about i guess

no harm done though

Comment

ha

Pretty damn sure you dont have to remove all or any of the splash guards just 2 pins.
                My Car Domain
                Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Re: ha

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp
                  Pretty damn sure you dont have to remove all or any of the splash guards just 2 pins.

Touché. I *thought* I had simplified my instructions. Apparently I over-simplified and left out some details.
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

ha

i'm just messing with ya.... i thought people just needed better instructions.
                    My Car Domain

Comment

just to state it the offical GM instructions say pull the headlight to get to it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      Originally posted by snowmanG6
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Re: Fog Light Bulb Replacement

thanks for the how to!
                        87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
                        90 Eagle Talon TSI
                        09 G6 Progression(New Car)
                        My Progression

Comment

Re: Fog Light Bulb Replacement

i did mine from underneath

Comment

Working...