Seat fabric fading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat fabric fading?

I'm suspecting that the fabric on my car is fading. It's not the deep gray that it used to be, but now seems to have a slight greenish tint.

Is that normal or do I have bad cloth?

Mine's the base Ebony interior.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Take it back to the dealer and have them replace it. That's is what the warranty is for.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

they'll probably say that you have been gettin sweat on it and causing it to fade

Comment

Problem is all my seats seem to be doing it. And the rear seats are rarely used.
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

Yeh sure, uh huh

Comment

I do remember a guy on her or g6ownersclub.com, or g6board.com that was complaining about his fabric seats losing colour/running when they got wet.

Seems to be a common issue.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

yeah and that was the other color wasn't... must be the fabric. Maybe it doesn't take the color well
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

OK. Just came back from the dealer. I first went into the dealer and asked to see another G6. The sales guy went with me to look at one and we both agreed that it's darker on the inventory one.

So they took my baby into the bay. Service Consultant takes a lamp, shines here, shines there, and insists that there's no problem, and it's the reflection off my seatbacks and ambient lighting.

I asked them to bring another one in, put it side by side and compare it. One service guy and me saw it's different, but the consultant still insists that it's reflection.

They're asking me to bring it in again in the morning and they'll have the manager look at it.
                <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

that's
                  -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                  Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                    that's
                    Me??
                    <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

no, the dealership
                      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

anything to try and not fix things...those people piss me off

Comment

Yea you gotta be persistant. They won't do crap unless you hassle them till no end.
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Do you mind if I ask you which dealership you're taking it to? In Toronto or Windsor?

sigpic
                            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

god i hope i don't have this problem with my leather...
                              2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

Working...
                              X