G6 sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 sightings

Apropos of nothing really, but since I have commented on the scarcity of G6's and GTP's around here I thought it would be nice to say that I am finally seeing more--particularly in the plain Jane V-6 variety but today I saw my first GTP sedan! It was white and completely unmodified but it was there and had Ontario plates to boot.
    After all this while, the brand is finally appearing in numbers higher than those of both hands and toes.
    On another point, I wonder how come the end of year GM sales ads, in Canada at least, mention nothing of the G6 or Soltice? Are they selling well enough not to need ads or selling so poorly that GM has given up? Hope it's the former.
    Maybe if they were better treated by GM there would develop an aftermarket parts supply system for G6's and GTP's commensurate with say the Mustang.
    GTPdriver
    G. Stephen Day

I see 6ers all over the place. I am the only GTP coupe Ive seen. And only a couple debadged and 1 rollin on 20"s. I have been lookin for this guy again but have had no luck.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

yea I've been seeing more coupes too. I guess people were afraid to buy the first model year coupe back in late '05.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Frequency of G6 body styles I see from most common to least common:

1. Sedans
        2. Convertibles
        3. Coupes

Frequency of G6 trim levels I see from most common to least common:

1. V6
        2. Ecotec
        3. GT
        4. GTP

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
        - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
        - DS S3 Intake
        - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP

1. Sedans
          2. Convertibles
          3. Coupes

1. V6
          2. Ecotec
          3. GT
          4. GTP
          dang you see verts the only ones i see are typicaly comming back into the dealer from a test drive (so the same one over and over)

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I don't see a whole lot and I live 5 minutes from the dealership. Starting to see more and more now.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I have yet to see a Coupe at all except when I was out of state in R.I. right after I got my car, and it was GT. I see mostly Ecotec Sedans around here.

For me, style I see (most to least)
              1. Sedan
              2. 'Vert
              3. Couple

And for trim, I have yet to see another GTP, and only one GT, the same coupe that I saw out of state.
              1. Ecotecs
              2. V6's
              3. GT
              4. GTP
              2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
              2005 CGM GTO.
              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                For me, style I see (most to least)
                1. Sedan
                2. 'Vert
                3. Couple

And for trim, I have yet to see another GTP, and only one GT, the same coupe that I saw out of state.
                1. Ecotecs
                2. V6's
                3. GT
                4. GTP
                I would venture to say the sales volume for the G6 is probably exactly as you described. ie. base Ecotec sedans are the sales volume leader while GTPs are sold the least.

Comment

1. Sedans
                  2. Convertibles
                  3. Coupes

1. V6
                  2. Ecotec
                  3. GT
                  4. GTP

that is exactly how i see them around me

Comment

1. Sedans
                    2. Convertibles
                    3. Coupes

1. V6
                    2. Ecotec
                    3. GT
                    4. GTP
                    i see quite a few of the v6 sedans, so thats pretty in line with what your saying. I always pull up next to them with my GTR, they are like "yummmy".
                    -Lucy-
                    2006 Silver Gt Coupe
                    3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
                    sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

here in louisville it's base 75% of time, 24% GT, and then I make the last 1% for GTP
                      Originally posted by jeffro
                      nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Ever since the advent of the Ecotec, I see more of them than V6s. Most V6s I see are rentals.
                        <-- Gray G6? Click!
                        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                          Ever since the advent of the Ecotec, I see more of them than V6s. Most V6s I see are rentals.
                          4 cylinders generally are the most popular version among all mid-size cars.

Comment

true dat
                            Originally posted by jeffro
                            nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X