Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Leather

My son has a very nice leather steering wheel on his car but
    one side of it is sticky. Can anyone recommend a quality cleaner or a how to on which product to use first to get it back to normal?

I have some leather cleaner and my wife says she tried it w/no results.

The leather is good and did not use to be sticky....?
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

I would try to wipe it down with a product called ACRY-SOLV, then wipe a leather conditioner/cleaner on it ASAP.
    Here we......GO! 06 G6 GTP M6 coupe, performance package.(Fully loaded for 06). stealth gray metallic or 59U - GRANITE METALLIC. GM Peformance strut bar, Hammer Head Spoiler, GM Body Kit, Chrome Lower Grille Inserts, MSD Dash Hawk, Head Light Eye Lids, HID Conversion-10,000K. ZEX Nitrous Kit 75 Shot-Wet. (New Add On!)

If I had something smart to say, I would be smart enough not too!

Comment

Try baby wipes. (non scented only)
      Wipe down...Let dry...repeat. Let dry over night (out of the sun)...Then apply some murphy's oil to protect from the sun, as high temperatures can cause this "sticky" problem in the first place.
      I know this method has worked for other people. But I can't guarantee that this will work for you. Try as your own risk.

http://www.sharpshooterv1.com/index.php?act=idx

Comment

Stuff with a lot of silicone or oils in it will leave it sticky so stay away from those products, you'll have to strip anything that is on there ie clean and let it sit for a while before you put anything else on it otherwise you'll just be building it up. I prefer to use Sonus cleaner as that works the best for me, but if you want something else from the home then use rubbing alcohol. True it can dry it out a bit but you will be protecting it after anyways so it works great as a cleaner, probably better than anything else. Either way clean it when it's cooler/warm but not hot, you can also use interior detailer or a mixture of soap and water but don't use anything else buy car soap since dish soap and hand soap will make it sticky again.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

What Ive been using is a homemade cleaner and follow it up with Lexol Leather treatment. The homemade cleaner recipe is supposedly the same as people use at leather processing plants.

Mix
          water
          small amount of alcohol (I used 1 capful)
          small amount of dish soap (couple drops)
          2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
          (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
          (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

it wont unsticky....Ive tried alcohol and followed up with leather treatment.

Still sticky.
            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Could it be the adhesive penetrating thru?
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Keep doing it every now and then, most of the time it will take some time to get unsticky once it becomes so.

Comment

Working...
                X