Getting frustrated....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting frustrated....

This car is unnervingly annoying....... checklist of all the things that comprise it's annoyanceyness:

-Driver door squeaks when opened
    -more than one panel in the car rattles constantly
    -the roof creaks (huge huge problem to me, I effing hate that)
    -there is a dull thud/knock noise when I turn and sometimes when I stop
    -the brakes blow (everyone knows this)
    -something rattles under the steering column (I haven't found it yet)
    -it's a target for professional car injurers (back bumper has been messed up for a while, there's a deep ding in the door (small but deep) with clear coat missing around it, and now I find out that someone's hit my front bumper because there are spider cracks in the paint on the very nose of the bumper...)
    -the back dash (speaker panel thing) rattles
    -other subtle delights

= Gone as of 11/16/07

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
    Little bunny foo foo hopping through the forest
    Picking up the feild mice and getting splattered by Spazmatic!!!

is the roof creaking under warrenty? and if so, under what grounds?
    2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
    Black/Black coupe

Comment

I don't know. I'm going to take it in next week to see what they can do. My warranty is almost out...33k on the odometer.

I'm probably going to look into trading it in...KBB says I can get 13.7k trade-in, 15.5k resell, which is more than I owe, so I may do that... I don't think I'm getting my $320 a month out of the car...it's disappointing really, and I don't blame the car so much as the standards of the industry now-a-days. I hate it when I see 2004+ cars on the side of the road with hazards on when 20+ year old cars are cruising right by em with minor problems if any at all. That's how my truck is....it's got 180k on the odometer and it still runs strong and the wear-and-tear of the interior and whatnot isn't really that bad for it being a 13 year old truck.
      = Gone as of 11/16/07

Comment

I agree with you, I have most of those problems but one sound-like a cricket from under my dash or some damn where I can't find out but it just drives me up the wall and it's getting worse and worse as time goes by.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Rattling is one of the most annoying problem in a car because it drives people nuts.

Comment

but will they cover it under warranty?
            Black/Black coupe

Comment

Doubt it. One of those "yeah we looked but it looks like we're gonna have to do a full body-off inspection, which isn't under warranty...$600,000 please"
              = Gone as of 11/16/07

Comment

Re: Getting frustrated....

Originally posted by -Spazmatic-
                This car is unnervingly annoying....... checklist of all the things that comprise it's annoyanceyness:

-Driver door squeaks when opened
                -more than one panel in the car rattles constantly
                -the roof creaks (huge huge problem to me, I effing hate that)
                -there is a dull thud/knock noise when I turn and sometimes when I stop
                -the brakes blow (everyone knows this)
                -something rattles under the steering column (I haven't found it yet)
                -it's a target for professional car injurers (back bumper has been messed up for a while, there's a deep ding in the door (small but deep) with clear coat missing around it, and now I find out that someone's hit my front bumper because there are spider cracks in the paint on the very nose of the bumper...)
                -the back dash (speaker panel thing) rattles
                -other subtle delights

GM exec: "gee I wonder why people are flocking to hondas and toyotas?"
                2007 G6 GTP

Comment

the rattle under dash (right side) i already found it, find my old posting about that under some thread (sorry last year totally forgot where i posted), i put the part numbers up and everything,. its a mount (flubber) something like that... goodluck searching the boards!

but ya, all the other things i have also! and i hate it! i owe 15k still :-( trade in value is 13tops :-(

i would love to trade in for something better, but i dont like dealing with contracts and credit checks and starting over a new car payment ughhhhhhhhhhh
                  06' Black G6 GT Coupe: FL legal tint, GT-R Exhaust, Black Emblem Overlays, Silver G6peformance Decals, CAI coming soon...

Comment

Re: Getting frustrated....

Originally posted by 6-shooter
                    GM exec: "gee I wonder why people are flocking to hondas and toyotas?"
                    Another GM exec: "Don't worry. Our styling, design, torque, and huge incentives will make up for any quality shortcomings. Quality products increase cost, hurt profit, and it's over-rated anyway. We're still No.1, in America at least."

Comment

lol you still owe 15?? try still owing just under 23k after 2 years
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

One of my biggest pet peeves, besides not having a radio that scrolls what song and artist is on xm, is hearing the wind noise that comes from the air vents. Not sure if anyone else has this problem but when I drive and do not have the heat or ac on the air that comes through the vents whistles. It stops once i open the sun roof or windows
                        2007 GT FULLY LOADED!!!
                        Black
                        Black leather
                        XM
                        Heated Seats
                        Remote Start
                        Panoramic Roof

Comment

My truck does the whistling a/c vent thing, not the car....but I'd rather have that problem than all the above
                          = Gone as of 11/16/07

Comment

is it just that the coupes where made better that I don't have those problems? Lojac you must feel real good that even with all my mods the cost of my car is still 3k under what you owe.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe_GTP
                              is it just that the coupes where made better that I don't have those problems? Lojac you must feel real good that even with all my mods the cost of my car is still 3k under what you owe.
                              minus your roof leaking?
                              Black/Black coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X