Foggy paint on the hood??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foggy paint on the hood??

Alright, as some of you know, i picked up a 96 Range Rover. The exterior is for the most part in good shape and color, with one exception.... The hood!. It is not terribly bad, but i would like to do something about it if i can without painting it. It is those old cars that sit around for ever and their paint appears to be foggy and pastey like. Has like a white haze overtop of the paint. I tried waxing and removed with a buffer, it seemed to help a bit but not good enough Would a clay bar be of benefit to me? Should i get a complete "buff" done to the entire vehicle? Help me.....
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

have you tried just a straight glaze that usually helps bring back the shine!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Its shiney (after the wax), but very cloudy
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

its weird cuz im having the same problem with my 05' G6. when i baught it, the paint was perfect and shiney like brand new and now its like foggy and hazey. i tried buffing and waxing and like toyz said, it helped only a little bit....any one with suggestions???

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

It's oxidation, you'll have to use a polish to restore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
            It's oxidation, you'll have to use a polish to restore it.
            Any recommendations Troy??

Comment

Do you have a rotary or orbital buffer?

Meguiars Mirror Glaze #83, or even #80 should remove it no problem depending on how bad it is. If it's lighter #80 will remove it and then you can go right to normal waxing. But if it needs more attention you might have to use #83, those two should be easy to find in your auto stores for an ots product.

Comment

Working...
              X