MY G6 is offically "DEAD"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY G6 is offically "DEAD"

I didn't start my car for about 4 days. I just spent 6+ hours waxing it and since its been pooring non-stop the last 4 days. I went to go start it in the garage around 3pm. All I got was clicks and the cd changer was going nuts So I called up Onstar they sent me a wrecker in about 20 minutes to my house. Well we tried jump starting the G6 guess what nothing. So there went my G6 on the back of a tow truck. I was freakin out because of my bodykit. But I had at least 3 inches of clearance to my back bumper The bad part is the closet dealership closes at 4:30pm. So there sits my car for how long I don't know At least my 5 year Saturn doesn't leave me stranded.

That sucks. could be bad alternator

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
    Originally posted by [i
    Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

True about the alternator.. I think the factory ones for GMs suck. Angela had to get hers replaced on her 07 Aveo with 10,000 kms on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RebeccaB
        True about the alternator.. I think the factory ones for GMs suck. Angela had to get hers replaced on her 07 Aveo with 10,000 kms on it.
        My car has 18,000 miles on it only

Comment

Some times just bad luck

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
          Originally posted by [i
          Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Thats probably about 35-40,000 kms.. 1 mile is about 2.2 kms.. roughly I think

Comment

total dead battery?
              Mike # 3!

Comment

It has nothing to do with the fact that you didn't start your car for four days...I went on vacation for 7 and it started right up when I came back.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                  It has nothing to do with the fact that you didn't start your car for four days...I went on vacation for 7 and it started right up when I came back.
                  I don't drive my car in the winter because of my body kit else I would be like a frickin slow plow Well I let my car sit in the garage for 7 or 8 days then I would back it out and let it run for about 15-20 minutes and it was fine. I don't know what's wrong I do have a aftermarket sub and amp but that's been wired in my car since 10 days after I got the car back in 2005. Not once have I had a warning light come on in my dash

Comment

my vote goes to battery or starter

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Coincidentally I just had the same issue, only I was able to jump it and take it to the dealer. Turned out to be a bad battery. The tech said that they have had quite a few 6's in there for the same thing recently.
                      Hope it is that easy for you too.

Black 2007 GT coupe with Sport Package.
                      DoctorSpeed CAB, 5/15% tint, G5 spoiler, Euro Black Tailz, GM Strut Bar, GY Eagle F1 A/S Tires.

Comment

My guess is the battery. Had to have mine replaced the first month - bad cell.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543500/1

Comment

Agreed on the battery - sometimes they just 'die'.

It's annoying but reality.
                          2007 G6 GTP Coupe 3.6 L VVT
                          - 6 Speed Automatic
                          - Premium Leather Package

Coming soon:
                          - Chrome lower grill inserts
                          - Spoiler

Comment

Mine died on me once and left me stranded in traffic. Flat bed to the dealership and a day later they never did find what happened.

Only once in 48k miles. Guess that aint bad.
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I had that once in the gas station after I fill up the car won't stop so had to tow it away.

But Stacy good luck on your car might be something very minor you never know.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Working...
                              X