Steering wheel radio controls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel radio controls?

I'm putting in an aftermarket stereo. I want to save some money by not purchasing the steering wheel interface. Is it easy to remove the radio controls. If so, how do I do it. I can't find it in the How to section.

Next, once I remove the controls, I will need a new plastic piece to take its place. Does anybody want to trade controls for a non control section. It would have to be silver (normal). Straight-up trade.

Or, can I go to the dealer (In Canada) and order a blank one. Does anybody know what the part number would be for this item?

Thanks
    ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

As an option, you could just leave the controls where they are. That's what I did and it doesn't harm anything.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

It's just, I hate having buttons that have no use.
      ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

You could trade....there are guys on here who want those controls
        and yall can swap out parts!

Do you have the 3 spoke or 4?
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

3 spoke
          ALTERATIONS:

Comment

i would trade in a heartbeat (would want the wiring for the controller too), but i painted my "blank" blue. the paint is chipping, and could probably be scraped off to reveal the original silver. PM me if interested...
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I'd rather not scrap, thank you anyway.
              ALTERATIONS:

Comment

couldnt you just buy the part from GM?
                2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

You just want a plain steering wheel?

Orrr....

MODS:

Comment

Is it easy to take off that silver radio control cover?
                    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=943

MODS:

Comment

The second picture with the cruise control. Can I take the silver section out or off without disassembling everything?
                        ALTERATIONS:

Comment

I dont have that wheel but from what I read...yes - with a torx.

MODS:

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
                            The second picture with the cruise control. Can I take the silver section out or off without disassembling everything?
                            You have to remove the SIR module to remove the radio controls (or cruise controls).
                            2009 PONTIAC G8
                            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Dam, that's what I thought. I don't want to do that much work.
                              I guess it all depends on how bad I want to remove the controls.

Thanks all
                              ALTERATIONS:

Comment

Working...
                              X