Brake Squakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Squakes

Hey G6 owners does your brakes squeaks when you put on the brake? Mine does I don't know what to say the dealership say they couldn't do anything they say it is the nature of the breaks. I noticed after the semi annual checkup the squeaks worsen than before I probably mentioned this on my next trip to the dealership! What should I do?

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

ABS brakes usually squeak, it's normal
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
      I don't have ABS!! Or is it because non ceramic brakes!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

I've never heard of ABS squeaking, but I have heard of shitty brakes haha.. I don't know if GM made their brakes ceramics as OEM, but I do know that most GM brakes squeak pretty bad after a certain time and it is just the nature of brakes. Ceramic pads will help that out and sometimes not even then!! There are so many factors that can cause squeaky brakes that I can't even begin to list them, but is usually does happen and buying new pads is usually one of the only ways to make it go away!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

not sure, i don't know a whole lot about brakes, i thought all the G6's had ABS.

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

You should have ABS... but if you dont have ceramic pads than you have semi-metallic which will squeal to no end once they start, especially once they get hot! Ceramic pads will slow this process down if not stop in period and you get less brake dust!

Comment

You should have ABS... but if you dont have ceramic pads than you have semi-metallic which will squeal to no end once they start, especially once they get hot! Ceramic pads will slow this process down if not stop in period and you get less brake dust!
              Damn....then I 'm pretty sure I got the semi metallic brake pads because I mentioned this to him like coulpe of weeks when I got my car they clean off the dust and thats about it nothing he can do. As I said after the mainteance got worst !! Hm....maybe i should just go out replace with ceramic pads who cares about GM they won't do nothing anyways!!

Comment

i've only heard mine squeak a couple times in 7 months

Comment

Nope not unless you tell them too..

Comment

Did you try Brakleen?
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by redsun_ty
                      Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                      I don't have ABS!! Or is it because non ceramic brakes!
                      Companies often put a tiny oscillator on brake pads. When they wear past a certain point that they need to be replaced, they squeak, poeple freak, bring it to the dealer and they get replaced. But i doubt you would have used your break pads up by now?
                      Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

They still put those on brake pads? I thought they were all electronic now.

I guess they need something in case the electronics fail.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

He's talking about the wear indicator.. like he said, pad gets to low and it squeaks telling you to get them replaced. But you'd need some hefty miliage or HARSH driving to get to that point already!

Comment

the fact that your brakes are squeaking means that they are working the way they were intended. consumers complain about brake noise because they find it annoying and they THINK there is a problem. if you go to a local circle track, dirt track, or other local race you can often times hear the brakes squealing over the engines, the materials rubbing against one another just causes this noise. all it means is that the brakes are doing their jobs. it is possible to quiet them down with different pads or additives like Brakekleen like others have mentioned, but chances are your brakes are working 100% fine, it is just a creature comfort that people have become accustomed too.

the brakes on my truck go in and out of squealing like a pig when i stop...friends always told me my brakes were going bad until one day i slammed on the pedal, my 4 wheel disks grabbed, and they promptly shut up about it. what i have always been told is that "normal brake noise is normal". don't worry about squealing noises, worry when braking performance starts to fade.

obviously wear sensors are a different story, but normal break noise is nothing to be concerned with unless it just bothers you.

Comment

I have about 4200 miles on my car and my brakes have only made noise 2-3 times but it always goes away. The funny thing is the stupid little metal noise maker or whatever you guys called it is so long it starts making horrible noise when there's still half of the meat left on the pads. We've always taken them off and but them down with a Dremel.
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X