Hey guys i got 800 bucks to work with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys i got 800 bucks to work with

So im new to this site but i have had my g6 for about a year...i got around 800-900 bucks to modify my g6 with...can some give me some ideas...im mostly looking for some appearance mods....by the way my g6 is kind of a metallic teal color. If someone gave me some ideas it would be great, thanks!!

appearance wise there is the Razzi body kit and the GM body kit but both are pretty expensive-with paint more than you have to play with. Performance wise with that money you could possibly purchase a tune and the GT-R exhaust would be the two large purchases performance wise then an intake from the Doc.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Tint to start.
      The 6 looks awesome tinted.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

You have to ask yourself do you want looks or power. Then go from there.
        "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

Tint and GT-R, appearance and performance.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
          Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
          Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
          -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Well he said appearance, so I'm gonna suggest looking into some aftermarket grilles, spoilers, tint, emblem overlays, tinted tails...
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

^^Thats a good idea.
              "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

oh my bad I didn't see that, then I'd get tint, recessed grilles with chrome surround, blue overlays, tinted tails, and chromed lower matching grilles

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero

Comment

tint, debadge

and can someone post me a pic of the recessed grille's.. i have yet to see what they look liek and am very interested

Comment

here

the top ones near the pontiac symbol, those are recessed

Comment

Here are pics of the GM recessed and colormatched grills... these IMO are one of the best appearance mods for the sixer.

Originally posted by Toyz
                      Originally posted by simplyred
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by simplyred
                        Here are pics of the GM recessed and colormatched grills... these IMO are one of the best appearance mods for the sixer.
                        Holy crap! I need to call the body shop tomorrow! I totally forgot about these! Hopefully they're the same price as the stock stuff and I can just have them install the inset ones.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

hey guys thanks for all the help...i appreciate it

Comment

Those aren't that difficult to install are they?

Comment

the upper ones are quite simple, you need to be careful when taking the old ones out not to scratch the paint on the bumper. The lower ones can be a pain, as they are attached with double sided tape, and need to be 'cut' out. Meaning you need to insert something CAREFULLY between the stock grill and bumper, and cut the tape on the grille to get it out. But getting both upper and lower grilles back in takes like, 5 minutes.
                              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                              X