Anyone familiar with Dent Wizard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with Dent Wizard?

I got a ding in my door. The dent wizard website says my Pontiac dealer is an authorized Dent Wizard repair site.
    How does paintless dent removal work? Has anyone had this done with success? What did it cost?
    Has been sold -> 2007 Emerald Green Pontiac G6 Sedan V6/Sport

Just use a can of compressed air and a hair dryer, spray the compressed air while the cans upside down for about 15 seconds, then 1 to 1 and a half minutes of high hot air with the hair dryer, get the dent right out,especially if it's on a flat surface. works great and only costs about $4 for a can of compressed air.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
    Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
    Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
    -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

I had 2 dings on my G6 when I bought it. The dealership had a guy who came to the dealwership once a week to fix this kind of stuff. I don't know if he was independant or worked for Painless dent removal.
      Regardless, I had a door ding in the crease on the door skin, and you cannot tell there was ever a ding there.
      You can look around and ask for photos of their work as well.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Paintless dent repair usually means drilling from the back and popping it out, or some similar method which ends up just like it's called... no need to repaint. It works very well and usually isn't very expensive so it would be worth looking into.

And please do not try to repair the dent yourself by using some internet home method such as dry ice, or some form of heating/freezing.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
          Paintless dent repair usually means drilling from the back and popping it out, or some similar method which ends up just like it's called... no need to repaint. It works very well and usually isn't very expensive so it would be worth looking into.

And please do not try to repair the dent yourself by using some internet home method such as dry ice, or some form of heating/freezing.
          what if it works?

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero

Comment

It may work sometimes, but I've seen how it mostly ends up and it's not pretty. Best to just stick with and use the proper tools/methods for the job.

JMO

Comment

I have a crease in the rear quarter of my driver side from a door ding, it's pretty minor but I wonder if one of those companies could do some work on that.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                I have a crease in the rear quarter of my driver side from a door ding, it's pretty minor but I wonder if one of those companies could do some work on that.
                If I have time, I'll take a photo where the ding on my door was. You'll see that if they can fix that, they can just about fix any of 'em.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

sounds good, let me know!! My ding is very minimal but I think it sticks out like a sore thumb and looks horrible-it's the only damn thing I see on that side of the car.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Paintless dent repair is wonderful. I had a ncie ding in the driver, rear door. I think it came to $60 for the repair, never know it was there...
                    2006 GTP, black on black with all the options. Resonator delete with K&N, Mobil 1 fluid & filter

Comment

No matter what the company name.....Most are reputable. And do the same type of work. Still....Investigate the references.
                      I had it done on my old GA, and couldn't tell where the dents were. After watching, and asking questions, I was informed that they had to massage the dents out. (don't ask)
                      A reputable company will tell you if the work will be perfect. If it's not perfect.....Don't pay them.
                      Too easy.

http://www.sharpshooterv1.com/index.php?act=idx

Comment

Originally posted by Hello
                        Just use a can of compressed air and a hair dryer, spray the compressed air while the cans upside down for about 15 seconds, then 1 to 1 and a half minutes of high hot air with the hair dryer, get the dent right out,especially if it's on a flat surface. works great and only costs about $4 for a can of compressed air.

I just got a medium-small dent from an opened door hitting my side. There was also a very small dent on one of my other doors when I got my car. I tried the method you describe to fix both. It didn't work at all. I doubt you have ever attempted this method yourself. Seriously, it doesn't do jack.

Does anyone else have a suggestion for fixing my dent? I just got back from Dent Wizard in my area and he quoted me a "discounted" price of $200 to fix both dents. (normally $129 each for "dime sized" dents)

-d
                        2007 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan 3.5L VVT V6 Granite/Black
                        Sun 'n Sound, DupliColor Red Calipers, Mobil 1 Oil System
                        GM Strut Brace, MPR Cold Air Intake
                        Vector Stealth PCM Tune 93 Octane
                        Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, 12" Orion Subwoofer
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2686122

Comment

Mines going into Dent Tech on Thursday to have 5 digs repaired, one of them they're going to need to grind a weld down to get to, its on my driverside door. the other hard one is on my rear 1/4 pannal. So 3 dents plus 2 "deep dents" will come to 175. Not to bad at all.
                          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by metalliqaz

I just got a medium-small dent from an opened door hitting my side. There was also a very small dent on one of my other doors when I got my car. I tried the method you describe to fix both. It didn't work at all. I doubt you have ever attempted this method yourself. Seriously, it doesn't do jack.

Does anyone else have a suggestion for fixing my dent? I just got back from Dent Wizard in my area and he quoted me a "discounted" price of $200 to fix both dents. (normally $129 each for "dime sized" dents)

-d
                            i swear to you I have done it on my father's car, his dent was on a curve on the side panel, it is about half as deep as it was and that is mainly because it isn't on a flat surface, did you remember to turn the can upside down so it comes out as a liquid? and did you turn the hair dryer to hot air?

Comment

i swear to you I have done it on my father's car, his dent was on a curve on the side panel, it is about half as deep as it was and that is mainly because it isn't on a flat surface, did you remember to turn the can upside down so it comes out as a liquid? and did you turn the hair dryer to hot air?

Oh I did it properly, the can was upside down, I froze that door good. If they are any less severe than before, it isn't perceptable. They were already rather small.

Also, I don't consider a dent fixed if it is still a dent.

I don't know how you got that price, Blackrider, but I suppose I'll keep looking. If I end up paying $200 for this shit and the dents are only "mostly gone", I'll flip my lid. One of them is already "mostly gone" as it is.

-d
                              2007 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan 3.5L VVT V6 Granite/Black
                              Sun 'n Sound, DupliColor Red Calipers, Mobil 1 Oil System
                              GM Strut Brace, MPR Cold Air Intake
                              Vector Stealth PCM Tune 93 Octane
                              Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, 12" Orion Subwoofer
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2686122

Comment

Working...
                              X