A little story... (but a long one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little story... (but a long one)

It was time for the vert to hit the road to Michigan. Lookin at two weeks by the lake (Huron that is). Could we get two weeks of stuff into a vert? The answer was yes. Back seat wasn't even full. Trunk will fit alot of stuff if you know how to play Tetris. There were even two sets of golf clubs in there. GPS says we have ~1450 miles to get there.

Austin TX drivers and traffic SUCK!!!! 45 minutes to get through the town on a Friday morning at 0600. Took an hour to get through it on a Saturday at 1600

Somewhere around Dallas the 6er starts to make a noise in the left front. Sounds somewhat like a baseball card in the spokes. Changes with speed. Let's rule out everything it could be and settle on wheel bearing. Around beautiful BFE Ar-Kansas (GPS took us the 'short' route up route 67 -- friggin two lane!!) and at 1710 we stop at a Pontiac dealer for help. I win the $64K. The left front hub needs replaced and they don't have one. No one within 60 miles has one. They would have taken one from a new 6er but they don't have any on the lot. Got a brand new Vette though. That is Ar-Kansas for ya. Manager says that the hub will make the trip to Michigan, where some ear plugs. So away we go...

Made it to St. John's MI on Saturday night. Got 28.25 mpg averaging 75 mph. Not too bad.

Spend Sunday gettting pictures with... Ya' all have to wait for those. Wifey decided that those would be of the film variety.

Monday at the dealership at 0715. We don't have that part. Not really surprised. Two and half hours later we are on the road fat dumb and happy.

Weather was gorgeous.

DIC was over by a bit. It said we got 31.4 mpg for the trip. Actual was 27.49 mpg. I did see that it would have been much better at an ave speed of ~70. But I can't drive that slow. The best tank was 31.08 mpg.

Oh yeah. For those of you worried about tinted lenses, the cop that stopped me in Indy for "comin up on me too fast". Was doin 47.8 mph in a 45. Didn't mention the tinted tails. Probably shouldn't nave passed him.

Will have to think twice about takin the vert on two week trip in the future. It is a royal pain to have to unpoack the trunk when someone wants to see the transformer car.

Soooo whats up with the rim??
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

so what ended up happening with the hub?
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Haha Amen to that - I am happy and eager to show the top off but it is a pain if you have stuff in the trunk....but I never bought my beauty to be a beast of burden

Comment

What up with the rim? Nothing wrong with the rim.
          They got the hub from somewhere else. Sent a runner they said. I didn't care where it came from as long as it was new. No stolen parts for me.

Comment

LOL, you were in Indy? The tinted tails pass the tail light laws for Indiana.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Drove thru it and the cop followed me for about a mile since there was no where to pull off in the I70 construction zone.

Comment

Working...
              X