New Owner, Stock Malibu Maxx SS, track times too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner, Stock Malibu Maxx SS, track times too

Just bought a 2006 Maxx SS which will be my wife's daily driver. Anyway I took it out to the track last night. It was mid 80s out and very humid. 3/4ths tank of 85 oct. Full weight with spare. Best run was a 15.89. On a cooler day it should do better. Also Im still learning how to launch it. Ill be posting the slip in the other section.

Got a great deal on it, with only 8kmiles.

Nice! I've got an 06 non-Maxx, and I love it. Nice to have you here!

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

is that the 3.9 engine? If so - that sucks.

Must be the 3.5.
      2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
      Black/Black coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann

Must be the 3.5.
        It's an SS.
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Welcome to forums!

Comment

The SS 3.9L was only available with the 4-speed automatic, also the humidity and inexperience means a lot.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
            - DS S3 Intake
            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Welcome! Have fun with the Bu.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann

Must be the 3.5.
                Such a warm welcome. Try to be constructive, from what I have been able to find, Stock Malibu 3.9s are good for 15.5s. The reason I posted was to try to find out what I should expect.

I know my nonIC'd SC'd car would lose a half second in really high humidity. I figure maybe half or less with this NA car.

BTW what are your times? I am going to go ahead and assume you are running mid 17s till you actually produce a slip.

Comment

:toyz:
                  Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

welcome, always nice to see another Maxx around! mine is only the 3.5, so you got me beat.

i bet my exhaust sounds better though.

Comment

Hey guys.

The exhaust note is well balanced for my taste. Does the SS have a resonator? Either way I dont think I will be modding the exhaust because this will be my wife's car, as well as all around road trip transportation.

Yeah the Maxx has really grown on me. I am really pleased with all the standard features on this car. Adjustable pedals, remote start, nice rims, airbags everywhere, tilt/telescoping wheel ect.

I love the mid size sedan with a hatchback idea. It is really what we were looking for. The interior space of other hatchbacks cannot compare. The HHR, Yaris, Caliber are just a little too 'cracker jack' for me. At the same time I loath mini-suvs like the rav-4.

Comment

haha wow that was a harsh warm welcome. I ran a 15.3 in my GTP 3.9 4spd auto and have room for improvement, but I'd never knock anyone who gets out there and tries.
                        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

After doing a little more digging I found this:
                          0 - 60 Time
                          (seconds) 1/4 Mile Time
                          (seconds) 1/4 Mile Speed

Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS - V6 3.9L (240 hp) 4A + ABS 7.12 15.46 92.30

Who knows how accurate this is. But if anything, these are usually underrated. I am going to have to get out to the track again on a cooler day.

I also have to figure out how to launch with out the tq management fighting my efforts.

Comment

Many have tried and failed to try to get these things to launch stock. Basically the only way to get decent performance is to retune em.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                            - DS S3 Intake
                            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Yep. I just spin...and spin....and spin...until I let up and let it catch

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Working...
                              X