Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sould I mod first.

Sup Guys I need a little hlep,

Just bought my first car, 06 g6 gt sedan, i want to add style and performance, but i am on a budget. i have about 3000$ to 4000$ extra to spend on performance parts and exterior mods (first of all RIMS) 20 inches, some friend said i could install a magnaflow system but i realy wanna know whats the best out there and if i should save a little more to modify( OR WHAT TO DO FIRST). Thx alllot.

Rims and tires- 1800
    GT-R Exhaust- 600
    Intake- 200
    Tune- 400
    Eibachs- 200+install
    Tint- 200

3400 and a pretty bad ass car.

Then you do some of the "cheap" mods that dont really require saving and give your car that special touch and your golden. Those mods are things like debadging, painting headlights/ eyelids, overlays, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by Stub
      Rims and tires- 1800
      GT-R Exhaust- 600
      Intake- 200
      Tune- 400
      Eibachs- 200+install
      Tint- 200

Then you do some of the "cheap" mods that dont really require saving and give your car that special touch and your golden. Those mods are things like debadging, painting headlights/ eyelids, overlays, ect.
      I hate to say it but when its all said and done those Eibach springs cost me almost $1000. installed. I would go with 19" with a spacer that will change your bolt pattern to 5-120. I've looked into this a lot and with the drop it will look like a german spec car. ie:BMW Mercedes. the reason for the bolt pattern change is becuse this will give you more options on wheels. Maybe even a staggered setup. Magnaflow makes a great exhaust and your friend may save you some money there since the GTR exhaust is made with magnaflow. Start by taking your airbox off and putting a cone air filter in it's place. You can get a lot more done with your money if you talk around.
      Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

thx for the help guys,

What do you meen by ''tune''. and if i live in canada, i will have to change some of the brands, right? And where can find some good rims,( i have a good friend in boston who can get them for me so i will not have to pay shipping)

Thanks for the help I will look for similar products to replace the gt-r exhaust if I have to

Comment

Originally posted by rpromero
          Rims and tires- 1800
          GT-R Exhaust- 600
          Intake- 200
          Tune- 400
          Eibachs- 200+install
          Tint- 200

I hate to say it but when its all said and done those Eibach springs cost me almost $1000. installed. I would go with 19" with a spacer that will change your bolt pattern to 5-120. I've looked into this a lot and with the drop it will look like a german spec car. ie:BMW Mercedes. the reason for the bolt pattern change is becuse this will give you more options on wheels. Maybe even a staggered setup. Magnaflow makes a great exhaust and your friend may save you some money there since the GTR exhaust is made with magnaflow. Start by taking your airbox off and putting a cone air filter in it's place. You can get a lot more done with your money if you talk around.
          wow how much was the install and aligment for you car? my springs shipped were around 150 or so and my install/alignment/oil change was 250, thats $400 for everything.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

If you're in Canada you can bump up a lot of those costs too. GT-R exhaust for example cost me I think around $800 total with shipping and duties.

The GT-R exhaust, BTW, is definitely the way to go.

Comment

Might i suggest the Search button at the top?? Or heck, just start reading through the Modification sections?
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                Might i suggest the Search button at the top?? Or heck, just start reading through the Modification sections?
                Kyle you know that would be way to simple for them to comprehend. I mean looking at the stickies at the top of the screen that requires so much work and effort they might fall over from exhaustion.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe_GTP
                  Originally posted by rpromero
                  Rims and tires- 1800
                  GT-R Exhaust- 600
                  Intake- 200
                  Tune- 400
                  Eibachs- 200+install
                  Tint- 200

wow how much was the install and aligment for you car? my springs shipped were around 150 or so and my install/alignment/oil change was 250, thats $400 for everything.
                  Let's just say, more than I expected, but everything is warranted.
                  Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

Everything is still covered by warranty for me also since I had the head mechanic at a pontiac dealership do it for me.

Comment

Wait... if the dealer does it, it can still be covered under warentee?

Comment

No it all depends on the situation since most dealerships won't do it anyhow but mine was a side job of his and told me he would make sure that I could get any warranty work done that I needed to and Wouldn't have to worry about it voiding warranty or anything.

Comment

lucky bastard.

Comment

lucky bastard.
                            Its all about who you know and what you have heh.

Comment

Oh, and here I thought it was "its not who ya know its who ya blow!" So I never get anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X