LEDs in my reverse lamps! Bright!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEDs in my reverse lamps! Bright!!!!

Here's some pics of the LEDs in the reverse lamps. I got super-white 9-LED bulbs..man they are bright!!! I'm definitely gonna order the ones for the brakelights, they look awesome! I love the way they just flick on and off.

In case you are wondering, I removed the niteshades from my taillights because they were kinda messed up and looked really crappy when the lamps came on. I'll probably redo them in the next few months. I really wanna get a second set of taillights off ebay first though.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

i was thinking about gettin led's in my taillights also im interested to see how they will look, but as for g35-ish...i wouldn't count on it. the g6 reflects light from the current bulb, on the infinity the led light(s) is/are not being reflected

Comment

hey mike, let me know how those reverse lights work out. i'm thinking about doing the same
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

What size is the reverse light bulb? I saw a 12 led light one somewhere wonder if that would also fit in there?
        06 G6 GTP Black, Panoramic Sunroof, 3 Spoke Steering wheel, 6 Disc CD Player, Ebony Leather Seats, RED LED Interior Lights. 3rd brake light by http://www.grafxwerks.com, Running Mobil1

Comment

Originally posted by admin
          Headlight (Low beam) - H11-55W

Headlight (High beam) - H9-65W

Fog/Driving Light - H11-55W

Parking light - 3057

Front & Rear Turn Signal - 3057

Brake Light & Tail Light - 3057

Reverse Light - 3057

Front & Rear Sidemarker - 194

License Plate - 194
          2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

Originally posted by Hadriel
            Originally posted by admin
            Headlight (Low beam) - H11-55W

Headlight (High beam) - H9-65W

Fog/Driving Light - H11-55W

Parking light - 3057

Front & Rear Turn Signal - 3057

Brake Light & Tail Light - 3057

Reverse Light - 3057

Front & Rear Sidemarker - 194

License Plate - 194
            If you look further down in that post, I added the reverse light for the coupe, which is different....in case anyone has a coupe and wants to change it. It's 921.
            -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Yeah I explained in another thread about this that you have to replace your stock flasher relay with an LED relay or you can buy basically large resistors and wire them into the stock harness going to the tail lights. This stops the LED's from flashing too quickly or not flashing at all.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Well I got the super-white 9-LED bulbs installed in my reverse lights today...they look awesome! I love the way they just flick on, then flick off..you know, not like a bulb gradually gets dimmer and brighter. I'll try to get some pics up tonight in the dark. I'm definitely gonna see what I can do about the brake lights, as well as maybe the front turn signals.
                -Mike #1

Comment

Check out the original post! Now!!
                  -Mike #1

Comment

NICE, where'd you get them, i'm all over that

do they make it easier to see behind you when in reverse?

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I got them from a company called Velocity LEDs. http://www.v-leds.com/

I haven't driven with them yet Mike, so I'd have to get back to you on that.
                      -Mike #1

Comment

i just got a set, guess i'll see for myself i also got some nokya hyper yellow fogs today to give them a try to see if i like em

Comment

Nice, I'll probably order the brake-LEDs sometime in the next few days.
                          -Mike #1

Comment

i almost did tonight, which size are they: 3157 or 3057? the manual says the coupes are the same as the sedan, but shouldnt they be the same as the convertible? so do you have to wire in a resistor for the brake lights?

Comment

Re: LEDs in my reverse lamps! Bright!!!!

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                              Here's some pics of the LEDs in the reverse lamps. I got super-white 9-LED bulbs..man they are bright!!! I'm definitely gonna order the ones for the brakelights, they look awesome! I love the way they just flick on and off.

In case you are wondering, I removed the niteshades from my taillights because they were kinda messed up and looked really crappy when the lamps came on. I'll probably redo them in the next few months. I really wanna get a second set of taillights off ebay first though.
                              Looks nice. They do appear to be pretty bright.
                              2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                              Forge Motorsports BPV
                              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                              HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Working...
                              X