point and shoot camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• point and shoot camera

Hello. I recently bought a camera but my girlfriend took it to the lake and her father spilled beer on it. Everything works OK but one button isn't working at all so the plan is to give her the old one and I'm going to get a new one. I'm looking for something in the $150 to $270 range. I've been reading about the Canon PowerShot A630 and it's cheap and got really good reviews as far as I can see. Does anyone have any input on a good camera to get in this price range? I'm looking for something obviously small and compact that takes good quality pictures indoors or outdoors.

Canons are always a good camera from what i've read... I have a Sony Cybershot that I use when we go to the bars and just places I cant/dont want to take my bulky camera. I love it and have no complaints what so ever with is. Its small enough to fit in a shirt pocket and not feel to heavy which is key for being out in bars/clubs!

Sony Cybershot @ Circuit City
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I'm all Nikon when it comes to $$ cameras (save for the ultra $$ new Canon)....... BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT

For a digi point and shoot, I recommend nothing but Canon.
      The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

thats why I've said that I've heard nothing but praise about cannon.... I just wanted something very easy to carry.
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Canons are very nice cameras. I have a Cybershot myself and quite like it. Works even better if you have other Sony equipment because you can just move the memory stick.

Comment

I've had Samsung and Fuji film. I'd buy a Samsung again, for the price.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Does anyone have an opinion on the Canon PowerShot A630's specs? I know a little bit about cameras but not much. One nice thing my other camera had (panasonic lumix) was a rechargable battery that I could just pull out and plug into the wall to recharge. I hear this canon camera doesn't even have a battery monitor which would be annoying.

Comment

I've had a few powershots and I liked them, they had issues with their CCD on some of the earlier models but I'm sure they have fixed it now. As long as you don't use alkaline it's fine either way, if they are traditional types just use rechargeables or lithiums. The 630 is a damn good camera for the money.

Comment

I have a fuji. Overall, it's decent. BUT, it's inside and/or low-light photo quality blows chunks. I would not buy another fuji because of that very reason.

I read nothing but great things about canons and nikons.
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                    I have a fuji. Overall, it's decent. BUT, it's inside and/or low-light photo quality blows chunks. I would not buy another fuji because of that very reason.

I read nothing but great things about canons and nikons.
                    Mine too, that why I only said I'd buy a Samsung again.
                    Well, I spend money for the Canon or Nikon with interchangeable lenses. $$$$$$$
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                    X