How-To Adjust the Foglights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-To Adjust the Foglights

This is how you re-aim the foglights a little higher so that you can acctually get some use out of them. Once you do this you should notice a difference in the amount of light that you can see from them. This is a really easy thing to do, all you do is take a 4mm allen key and place it in the hole directly above the foglight (see picture). The easiest way to do this is park infront of a wall, garage door, house, etc.. do one at a time untill you think you have them where you like try a little at a time untill you get them where you'd like too. Finding the adjustment screw can be a little tricky but not to bad, just gets annoying for a few haha

These are just the foglights, but the driveway is raised up but you get the idea, they are a ton higher than the stock setting. Once you do one you'll see how low they really are!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

you should let them know which way to adjust them,wether to turn to the right or to the left. I foget what way it was...
    06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

LOL me2 which is why I didnt put it in there, but if you go one way and it doesnt go up, than its the other way
      Originally posted by Toyz
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

LOL me2 which is why I didnt put it in there, but if you go one way and it doesnt go up, than its the other way
        Best response ever!
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I put the PIAA Xtreme Whites in mine...I love them.
          2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
            as far as light output, how do they compare to stock?
            MUCH better, imo at least...
            I don't have a good pic of the light output, but here is one I took quickly one night and it was also raining.

2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
              those are PIAAs? Those were the first kind I bought for my car, and they didn't look anything like that. Damn.
              haha yeah...the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs.
              2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

i turned the screw a few times and couldnt tell a difference, do you have to turn them alot? and in what direction? anyone remember?

Comment

i removed the lower grill (pretty easy since i had already taken them out once) and it was alot easier to get the screw, i could def tell the difference after turning it then.

Comment

you just have to keep turning it and step back to see where it's pointing.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Clockwise = Lowers
                      Counter CW = Raises
                      The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Thanks for that ^
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                        X