Plastic Preservation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Preservation

I used to have a jeep wrangler and i remember going through hell trying to get those fenders to stay black.

I noticed that my mirrors are starting to fade into slightly different shades of black already. Does anyone know what the best trick is for preserving plastic pieces like that?
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Armor all?
    Blue Man Group

Comment

Back to Black
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Armor all just makes things worse.

I used back to black several times on my jeep and it would stay for quite awhile but it seemed just like it was thick armor all. Is it not an oil based product that will just make things worse?
        '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer

Comment

Back to black does nothing for me on those pieces. I've found the armor-all wipes to work the best and actually keep the pieces black for quite some time.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I use Simoniz UV. It's a similiar product to Armor-All. I Put it on every time I wash and seems to work pretty well. It has their patented secret ingredient Sun Block 100 in it so it must work.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Your best bet is to go to something that is water and acrylic based, that will outlast anything else you put onto it. If you want something to last the longest anyways, otherwise anything will really do what you want. I like to use Sonus motor-kote spray for it's durability. I also use a lot of 303 and now Ultima since that's the longest lasting stuff I've ever used.

Comment

thanks for the help ill go shopping for some good stuff when i get some time
                  '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Working...
                  X