X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G6 to bow in MY2009

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/in ... t&p=308408

GM plans to refresh the interior and exterior of the G6 for the 2009 model year, and give it a new engine for the 2010 MY.
    Two possibilities of the new engine (I think):

1. Hybrid 4-cylinder
    2. 300hp DI 3.6L
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Nice! If it gets a more powerful V6, I'd definitely be interested. A new manual tranny and/or RWD would be nice too.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
      Nice! If it gets a more powerful V6, I'd definitely be interested. A new manual tranny and/or RWD would be nice too.
      It is very very unlikely it will be RWD. GM has already said that most of their RWD platforms are on hold due to new CAFE fuel regulations. The only ones that were getting the green light were the G8, Camaro, and maybe a Impala SS (in reference to vehicles that aren't already RWD or in production).
      2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
      (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
      (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

Re: New G6 to bow in MY2009

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
        http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=18862&view=findpost&p=30840 8

GM plans to refresh the interior and exterior of the G6 for the 2009 model year, and give it a new engine for the 2010 MY.
        Two possibilities of the new engine (I think):

1. Hybrid 4-cylinder
        2. 300hp DI 3.6L
        Just remember that THIS G6 was supposed to have a 272hp supercharged engine.

I don't like the word "refresh" though. I would think that they'd be moving it to Epsilon II or another platform. Refresh implies new body panels with the same old mechanicals underneath. GM is supposed to be getting away from dragging on the life of a car.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by SphyNxXx
          It is very very unlikely it will be RWD..
          It isn't.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
            I don't like the word "refresh" though. I would think that they'd be moving it to Epsilon II or another platform. Refresh implies new body panels with the same old mechanicals underneath. GM is supposed to be getting away from dragging on the life of a car.
            Based on what we saw for the 2008 Malibu, not surprising if it's still the same Epsilon. But with the powertrain upgrades we saw for the Malibu, it shouldn't be too bad.

I just hope they fix the handling and brake problems.
            <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Based on what we saw for the 2008 Malibu, not surprising if it's still the same Epsilon. But with the powertrain upgrades we saw for the Malibu, it shouldn't be too bad.
              I just hope they fix the handling and brake problems.
              I think GM did a pretty good job with the 08 Malibu "refresh". It looks completely new inside and out, and looks nothing like the current Malibu. People would be fooled into thinking it's a new car on a new platform.

The notorious brake problem have persisted for over a decade I doubt they have the will to really upgrade them. But I am unaware of any handling problems.

Comment

Well the Epsilon in general is pretty weak in handling, performance wise, as evident on the Vectra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k5pyUMFI_4
                <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

oh my how many engines have we gone through already?

2.4 L LE5 I4
                  3.5 L LX9 V6
                  3.5 L LZ4 V6
                  3.6 L LY7 V6
                  3.9 L LZ9 V6
                  Mike # 3!

Comment

That Vectra video is hilarious!

Comment

Well the Epsilon in general is pretty weak in handling, performance wise, as evident on the Vectra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k5pyUMFI_4
                      "Right to the edge of the solar system. That's how far I'd go to avoid driving a Vauxall Vectra"

Yup, no bias in this review at all.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I wouldn't call the new Malibu an upgrade, all the inclusion of the LY7 does is bring it up to where the G6 already is..

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

I dont think the G6 will be going to RWD anytime before the 2013 model year redesign. I think they will refresh the car for the 09 model year interor and exteror. MAYBE a major refit for the 2010 model year. I think GMs new bread and butter motor when fully in production will be the 3.6L DI. Looking at the G6s history ...... It would suprise me the people and car reviews complain about the 3.6L being uder powered for the "GXP" trim and should have kept it GTP. With that said I think theres a good chance if GM can get its engine production situated that the 09 GXP engine will be the 3.6L DI. Less emitions, has the extra HP to compete esp with the new Nissan 3.7L and toy with Lexus and maybe the toes of BMW, and MOST importianly in our oil crazed nation..... MPG. Also with the 3.6L DI costing more to produce that if they redue the interor to a higher standered that they can raise the MSRP with out much complaint.

09/10 model year engines I say.....
                          Base 2.4L
                          V6/GT 3500
                          GT option trim engine (convertable) 3.6L
                          GXP enigne 3.6L DI

Also to help "suport" my thery on keeping the 3.6L staying a GT option enigne... the CTS engine line up is the same. They just have the 3.6L then the 3.6L DI motors.

If the G6 is staying pontiac/GMs "bread and butter" car, its going still need a 4engine trim setup for diversability and price range afordability.

3900 is dead after this year. Only way I see the 3900 will make any production is its going to HAVE to be bolted to a 6spd auto tranny. Then step it up to rumored 3V per cylinder production with displacement on demand. Then the 6spd tranny will offset the MPG and keep it at 18 city still, with DOD maybe 20 city
                          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                          Gotta have it Green color
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack
                          GT500 track pack differential cover
                          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                            With that said I think theres a good chance if GM can get its engine production situated that the 09 GXP engine will be the 3.6L DI
                            Thereby alienating yet ANOTHER model year's worth of G6 buyers, which GM seems to be especially talented at.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                              "Right to the edge of the solar system. That's how far I'd go to avoid driving a Vauxall Vectra"

Yup, no bias in this review at all.
                              As much as he hates the Vectra, still doesn't take away from the fact that the Epsilon doesn't handle well.
                              <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Working...
                              X