• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debadged

Finally got a pix of it. I like it!

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Looks good. If I had the sedan though I would have taken everything off.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

nice. i did the same thing to mine, let the gtp and the pontiac symbol

Comment

NAH take the GT off also, you'll like it much much better. I sat behind my car for weeks trying to figure out if I should debadge and when I finally did (this was a while ago) I was blown away by how much better the car looked.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

taking that off would be too clean for me, haha, need some space eater

Comment

Even though you couldnt get this color in anything but a GT
            I still want to advertise that...

MODS:

Comment

buzzer sounds

wrong answer

got a blue one GTP right here big boy

Comment

Please allow me correct myself...A MINIMUM OF A GT. :smoke:

MODS:

Comment

actually i couldnt find it, i ordered mine

Comment

i debrided the necrotic GM badges from the car today, and it felt... good.
                    American Hedonist
                    ==============
                    06V6G6 StealthGrayMetallic GTP-Coupe / Automatic (i'm tired of shifting) Debadged

Comment

Originally posted by Chode
                      i debrided the necrotic GM badges from the car today, and it felt... good.
                      Yeah, I don't care what anyone does with the backs of their 6es, those cheezy GM badges on the sides gotta go.
                      ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

^^Agreed. I'm def. gonna take mine off too!!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

FWIW, I found this on the web, in case you wanted to know...

How to Debadge Your Car

What you'll need:

1. hair dryer (someone mentioned a heat gun)
                          2. fishing line or dental floss (mint flavored, my fav
                          3. goo gone (or other paint friendly stuff remover)
                          4. soft towel (terry cloth or something that won't leave swirls!)
                          5. car wash, wax, water
                          6. approximately 20-60min depending on how many you want to remove.

The badges are stuck to the car via double sided sponge tape

First, heat up the badge with the hair dryer. You're about there once the car metal becomes hot to the touch and the badge can be wiggled around a little. (someone mentioned a heat gun which shouldnt present any problems but in the end just remember to be careful.)

Second, use the dental floss to saw away behind the badge removing as much tape from the car as possible. Don't worry too much about all the residual tape if your out of practice with dental equipment.

Third, apply a healthy dose of goo gone and massage it into the residual tape with your fingers. Let sit for a minute or so and wipe it off with the towel(don't use anything you wouldn't dry your car with). Repeat step if necessary.

Fourth wash the area, wax it and poof. You're done. Simple.

Fifth step back and marvel at the model annonymity of the car in front of you.

People have voiced concern about possible paint fade on the surrounding areas; this may or may not leave a "shadow" of the original badge. I removed the badges after 2 months with my volcano black A4 and it looks great! It's garaged nightly and gets the average amount of sun during the day.

Comment

Okay, I've tested the directions I posted above... they are all wrong...

Based on my experience today, here are the proper directions...

1) Wait til the hotest part of the day... here in MI it easily reached 100*+ in the sun. Make sure your black car is out in the hot sun. You don't need a hair dryer or a heat gun...

2) Soak with a little goo off

3) Have a cold one... it's so darn hot out in the sun!

4) Use dental floss on the badge you want to remove.

5) You'll notice that the glue sticks so well, than you are actually sawing thru the foam backing with the dental floss.

4) Have another cold one. It helps to have a pool close by, because after 5 minutes you are just dripping wet.

5) Soak the remaining sticky stuff with goo-off. Rub like crazy with a microfiber towel.

6) That goo off isn't working that well... go for the strong stuff...

7) Have another beer...

Take a dip in the pool

9) Tell your dog to stop peeing on the tires

10) Soak the remaining gummy sticky stuff with the strong stuff, and wipe clean with a micro-towel

By now you're wondering what on earth got you out here on the hottest day of spring (yes it's still spring!) to debadge the silly little black car.

It must be 100*+ in the sun... last week it was 40* in the sun. What happened to everything inbetween 40 and 100?

But it worked... the 6er is debadged... sides and rear, smooth as a baby's butt...

Mikey

Comment

Nice one Mikey that was a funny read... Yeah what did happen to everything between 40-100????????
                              Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

Working...
                              X