GXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GXP

I think there's been some talk about the 2008 GXP in the past, and a recent thread about where it's looks came from, but what I wanna know is if anyone is planning on trading in their G6 for a GXP? Initially I was gonna save up and get a 2008 GXP new.. but I figured it was gonna be $30,000 with the Street Package. I still love the design of that hood, MPD's is nice, and I might get it for my 2006 GTP Sedan, but the GXP's is wider and more agressive.
    ...Anyhoo being that I only work full time 5 months of the year and only part time while I have classes, there was no way in hell I'd be able to pay the payments while I was in class without going broke and still paying for gas.

I ended up settling for a used, loaded, 2006 Sedan GTP, even though I wanted a coupe cause it's what my dealer had when I didn't feel like putting another $1,000 into my Sunfire after some jackass slammed into my tire and took off in a parking lot and broke my wheel bearings and threw the whole front end out of alignment and did something to the axil or something too. i got it for $14,900 + taxes and reg, walked out with it for $16,000, and with my down and trade in I only pay a tad more than $100 a month at 2.9% APR. Now that I got the car under my belt, I might wait till next summer and hop to a a 2008 GXP the way I wanted it if I can save enough.

Even though its been basically rumored / said that it's gonna have the same engine, the LY7 as the 2007 with 252hp/251tq, anyone else find it ominouse that on Pontiac's GXP section on their site, they just list it as with a V6 engine, and the other GXP's (include the also not yet release Torrent GXP) list specifically what engine they have, ex. DOHC V6 262hp for the Torrent. Think they might at the last minute throw a supercharger or something snazzy in? They're still not out yet...so anything coooould happen.

Anyone else really want a GXP or am I the only one who wants the dressed up G6?
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

I'm sure that there are others who want the GXP, but not many people on this site like it.

The option list for the car has been finalized, so the 3.6l v6 in it's current form is the engine going in that car.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I don't like it, it's too fake, zero performance upgrades, i would just get ram air hood

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
      Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
      Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
      -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Re: GXP

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        Even though its been basically rumored / said that it's gonna have the same engine, the LY7 as the 2007 with 252hp/251tq, anyone else find it ominouse that on Pontiac's GXP section on their site, they just list it as with a V6 engine, and the other GXP's (include the also not yet release Torrent GXP) list specifically what engine they have, ex. DOHC V6 262hp for the Torrent. Think they might at the last minute throw a supercharger or something snazzy in? They're still not out yet...so anything coooould happen.
        Not rumoured, but confirmed. GM's Online Guide says the "GTP" is renamed "GXP" for 2008.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domest ... 11&type=0#
        2ZM69 and 2ZM37 models are now "GXP" and are not available to order at Start of Production (was "GTP" in 2007)
        So far the reception has been negative.
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

look up accessories, it lists a performance cat-back exhaust

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
          Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
          Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
          -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

I like it but I dont plan to go in the hole for it. i think it looks sexy. Of course I am one of the few that saw it in person.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
            Originally posted by [i
            Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

if u already have a gtp i would say no. its not worth the upgrade. if u had a different model another a gtp, then it may be worth considering
              Mike # 3!

Comment

I won't be trading my G6 for another G6, unless it's a next-gen model.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello
                  i would just get ram air hood
                  x2

Comment

I dont think you can beat the awesome deal you got on what you have.
                    Just dress it up to your tastes as your budget allows.

Be happy man.
                    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

this one looks good from this angle of course this is a non-production unit.

and it looks like Crap (IMO) in this picture.

the hood is nice though just not the buck-tooth grill. WTF is that grill made out of anyway chicken-coup wire?
                      2007 G6 GTP

Comment

Working...
                      X