OOOO Pretty! But bad news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOO Pretty! But bad news...

I posted about getting a grill for my car earlier and everyone seemed to think it would look pretty ugly. So I bought it.. haha. And I have to say the picture on the website did nothing for what it looks like in person. My boyfriend installed it last night on my car. I'll put up pictures when I get home, I'm at work. And you kind of had to take the bumper off so when he was looking down he realized that my rad is bent from my accident and everything on the passenger side in the front is just mangled. And we pulled up to his shop door and he told me that the passenger headlight is lower then the right side. I never noticed til he pointed it out :S. So I called ICBC to see if I could still claim all the damage and they said if I did my insurance would go up to 40% which is disgusting cause I'm already paying 250 at a 10% discount. I dont really wanna say this.. but I really am starting to hate my car. I mean I love it. But it's just one thing after another with it. I never had ANY problems with my Camry but when I got this thing everything has gone to shit. But good news.. we sold our house!! So that means I get 6 grand in September!

I think 40% is a little rediculous. I would research that. get us some pics.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
    Originally posted by [i
    Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Well thats what my insurance place said.. so I dont know. She said it would take 3 years to get back to the regular starting rate of 0% if I claimed it.

Comment

But shouldn't that have been fixed in the first place? I don't see why that would add more to your original claim.

Comment

yea it should be covered by the shop/insurance, it's not like you got in another accident to be repaired, the first one was never completed.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
          Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
          Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
          -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

I'd have another talk with them. Explain that the damage is related to the original claim and that the body shop obviously didn't repair the car in the way they should have.

Just some advice for anyone who needs body work done on their car:

Go there when they're doing the tear down for the appraisal. Make sure that you see EVERYTHING that needs to be repaired. If they don't take parts off to see if there is damage underneath, then they aren't doing what you are paying them to do!

I'll be doing that myself on Tuesday. The insurance guy is coming on Monday but I'll be out of town, so Tuesday I'll be at the dealer to see exactly what the damage is like underneath the bumpr covers. If my rad is damaged, I'm making them replace it.

Keep in mind with collision insurance you are paying to have the car restored to 100% of it's pre-accident condition. If they do not do that, then they aren't doing what you are paying for. I'll make my body shop keep my car for 6 months if that's what it takes to get it fixed right.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Yeah, your insurance rate should not be affected since the damages are related to incompleted work on a previous existing claim.

Don't knock the G6 for that. Body damage due to a vehicle crash has nothing to do with a car's quality. Any car will suffer damage when hit and unrepaired.

Comment

Sorry I kind of left out that I didn't claim my own damage to begin with because I didn't want my insurance going up and agreed to pay out the other peoples damage. I didn't really think that the damage was that severe.. stupid me I guess. But I get wholesale or jobber prices on anything for my car through work from my dealership. So I'm going in on Monday to talk to Darrin the parts guy and get him to do some homework for me.

Comment

That does make a difference here.

Anyway, good luck. I hope it all works out well for you.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Additional damage to a previous claim can cause your rate to go up in some states. Most insurance companies have a dollar amount they use as a "threshhold for evaluation" which means your rates will go up. Where I used to work it was 1500.00. If you were at fault and you went above 1500 (what they pay out including damage AND rental) then you could bet on steeper rates at the beginning of your next policy period. 40% is NUTS though. . . never saw that happen. Online quotes are beautiful. . I'd set aside an hour or so to shop around! Doesn't take much more!
                    What's up with you?
                    Nothin'. What's up with you?
                    Nothin' . . . . . . . .
                    ~~~~~~~~~~
                    This Is Where I Waste ENTIRELY Too Much Time!

~~~~~~~~~~
                    06 G6 GTP
                    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

She lives in BC, Canada and I believe she has to go through a provincial insurance provider (ICBC)

Comment

ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia) premiums are not affected by the amount of damage. They are determined only by the number of at-fault claims you have in the year.

Comment

^which she would have one "at fault claim" if she claimed the damage in this case.

Comment

Working...
                          X