Door Lock Rattling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Lock Rattling?

I was thinking of taking my door apart this weekend and throwing some sort of insulation in there to stop some rattling coming from near the driver side and passenger side locks, when my bass hits a certain way.

Has anyone heard this rattle and done something about it?

Any other thoughts?

I have the same problem. As far as I can tell though it's only my driver side, but the music that's causing it to rattle might be blocking me from hearing the passenger side. I hear it when I have the stereo off to sometimes, just enough to bug me... ...One of the main reasons I got my 6 was because of the nice silent ride it has, compared to my 2003 Sunfire where all the interior panels rattled everywhere, even when my stereo was off and I was on a smooth road.

The door panel seems like a pain in the ass to get off, I tried the other day when i only had a spare 20 minutes and it wasn't raining... I got a screw or two but gave up from lack of time.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

There is a How To, on removing the door panel.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I got the whole thing open yesterday / today. It looks like whoever had my car before me didn't put it together quite right. One of the black clips to hold the white foam stuff onto the panel came out and was shifting in this small space it fell. Latched it back in and its fine
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Working...
        X