Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishing for a new mounting kit? What about one of these???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishing for a new mounting kit? What about one of these???

So back when I owned my GP there was a site that made amazing mounting kits for our cars. humount.com sold custom made flush mounts for something like 60-70 bucks. They currently dont offer anything for our cars, but I just sent them an email asking if they would be interested. Im just curious if anyone would be interested in this.

Seeing as our shit selection of mounting kits, I think they could make a killing.

Here are some examples of their work.

You can see all of their work and contact them at

not bad, but that bottom one looks weird having a solid piece there. There is also another kit on ebay that has a storage pocket below the aftermarket stereo which is pretty cool.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I would definitely be interested. I'm still not sure if I want the DIC and I know I don't want that little pocket underneath. If the price were reasonale enough that is. I've been trying to find a mount that is flush like that. I think it'd be pretty cool!

Comment

Dude, I just checked out their site and I'm DEFINITELY interested! I think that looks awesome with the illuminated ones.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
          not bad, but that bottom one looks weird having a solid piece there. There is also another kit on ebay that has a storage pocket below the aftermarket stereo which is pretty cool.
          I have that kit, I like it.
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

The storage ones are ok. Ive just been amazingly impressed with these. I love the backlight lettering too. I havent heard from them yet, but I am hoping to.

Comment

I'd buy one
              Crimson Brotherhood Member

Comment

So thats all for interest?

Comment

Well you'd gauge more interest with some kind of pic (even a drawing) but more importantly a price. Plus interest would mean that you'd have a list of people so-to-speak that are waiting to put a headunit in their car, or people who dont have the lan kits and want a better looking one!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I would like a mount with the DIC in the TOP so you could have a flip up screen radio, keep your info, and not block your vents.

If they made that, I'd be interested

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Originally posted by Rannin Ravensight
                      I would like a mount with the DIC in the TOP so you could have a flip up screen radio, keep your info, and not block your vents.

If they made that, I'd be interested
                      You'd have to cut the dash to do it, but I agree, a DIC around where the Mazda 6's pop-up nav is would be pretty awesome.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                      - DS S3 Intake
                      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                        You'd have to cut the dash to do it,
                        Why? I'm just talking about like making the opposite configuration of the kits that are out currently where the DIC is occupying the bottom area of the double din space.

For instance, take a metra kit and change it to where the single din head unit sits in the bottom instead of the top.

Don't know if that made any sense at all...

Comment

Oh, I think I see. You mean have it set up so the DIC is above the head unit, so if you installed a head unit with a flip-up screen, it would go in front of the DIC and not the air vents, yes?

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                          - DS S3 Intake
                          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

you got it

Basically, yes, that's what I want.
                            If I was going to cut my dash, I would just get a flushmount screen and not worry about anything flipping out

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                              metra makes a kid for a single din with the pocket underneath, I think its the 99-3301, I cant remember the model # but I have it in my car.
                              2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X