Refinancing the 6.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refinancing the 6.....

So I've been thinking about refinancing the 6 to get a lower payment. Currently I pay $515.56 a month which about 140 goes to finance charges. I financed a little over $32k for the car and still owe just under $24k with the payment I just sent. So if I refi'ed now my payment should be around the low 400's so about a drop of 100 bones a month. BUT, if I wait until the car is 2 years old in December I'll have about another 2K paid off on it making the payment around the 380's. What do you guys think, now or later?
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

20 bucks aint shiat! Just my opinion. I have always gone for the cheaper payments a month. But that is just me.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

yeah, it would be either 100 less a month or 120 if I wait till December....I don't know what to do!
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Since it's *almost* december I would say wait... but that's just me.

Comment

Yeah december is not that bad, i thought you meant liike another 12 months or so.
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

CAR PAYMENT

Damn I thought my payment was bad at $478 a month for 60 months. I feel like I'm paying for two cars. I got 10,500 for my 03 Grand AM but then I owed my bank $8,888. So bascially I only had about $1600 off my 26,000 car My Saturn payment is nice $213 that's with the extra GAP insurance I took on it too. But my G6 is going to be paid off before the Saturn. I only owe GMAC $17,000 and the G6 is all mine

Comment

thanks for the comments everyone, first I have to find out if there are any penalties from GMAC to refi or early payoff penalties-I don't think theer would be but you never know. I'll probably be refinancing through Bank of America who I have a large credit card through so I have history with them. The interest rates are pretty decent, better than mine now-I just want to kick my dang payment down a bit!!

Comment

holy shit, 32k?! How the hell did you get a GT up to 32k?
                2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by spitfire2332
                  holy shit, 32k?! How the hell did you get a GT up to 32k?
                  i was thinking the same thing... My loaded GTP was 28k-29k sticker

Comment

Negative equity?

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                      thanks for the comments everyone, first I have to find out if there are any penalties from GMAC to refi or early payoff penalties-I don't think theer would be but you never know. I'll probably be refinancing through Bank of America who I have a large credit card through so I have history with them. The interest rates are pretty decent, better than mine now-I just want to kick my dang payment down a bit!!
                      My GMAC loan rate is the best I ever had at 3.9%. My Saturn loan is 11.4% because the car is 5 years old and that's thru my M & I Bank.

Comment

wow, did you all do trade ins and lose or something? or just didnt put down any down payment

i pay 377 for 60 months and only have about 10k left....had since dec 05

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                          wow, did you all do trade ins and lose or something? or just didnt put down any down payment

i pay 377 for 60 months and only have about 10k left....had since dec 05
                          Yup
                          Originally posted by TLS2000
                          It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

I snuck a 0%. Oh yeah baby. $351 a month. I financed 21K.

Anyways it depends if you need the extra cash. If you go at a higher rate then you are losing money over the next few years. Pay off as soon as piossible. When the car is payed off thats a pay rais in its self

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                            Originally posted by [i
                            Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

I put 2000 down, I went into the G6 with 6,000 of negative equity so that's how my GT got up to 32 grand-bullshit

Comment

Working...
                              X