paint bubbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint bubbles

i washed my 6 monday and i found some paint "bubbles" just below the belt molding on the passenger door

i showed it to a guy at the body shop and he said it was from someone trying to pull up the belt molding and nicked the paint and now its bubled
    i dont belive that for some reason

heres some pics
    sorry there kind of bad but its the best i can get (my camera sucks)

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

I can't tell for sure, but from what I can see, that is a common defect that we have here every once in a while. We should have caught it and fixed it, but apparently it was missed. Even though the majority of us that work here take great pride in what we do and try to always give a 100% product, we aren't perfect. Anyways, unless I am seeing that picture completely wrong, that is 100% a paint defect and not caused by some one pulling up the belt molding. If that was caught at the end of the line, that would specifically be my job to repair. I would sand down the defect, tape off the surrounding area and then I would paint that "catwalk" area. If that is a paint defect, and I'm pretty sure it is, that should be covered under warranty. It wouldn't be a huge undertaking to fix, but, personally, I wouldn't be concerned with it. That is totally your preference though. If it is a big deal to you, take it back to the dealership and have them fix it. If they feed you a line about how bad it is to break factory paint, tell them to shove it! That's a line of bull. They are just trying to avoid fixing it. If by some strange chance they do end up breaking the paint enough to go to bare metal, any GOOD primer will seal it up and prevent corrosion as good as the factory phosphate and primer coatings. Tell them to use PPG brand DP50LF primer since that is what the factory uses for their spot paint jobs that break to bare metal. This will protect it just as good as the original. But again, I'd just leave it be.

If they give you any trouble, just PM me.

Kris
    Chances are, I helped paint your G6 in one way or another. I work at the Lake Orion GM plant building these cars and we are the "soul" provider of them. If you have any questions about the assembly of them, especially paint, feel free to IM me. I'll answer as best I can!

Comment

well i work at a dealer and they told me that thats what they would do just repaint that "catwalk" area
      he just gave it a quick look and told me what he thought i figure ill get one of the other guys to look at it and tell me what they think if not ill just take it else where where they will fix it not that big a deal

and i know its not a big deal but i know if i dont get it fixed its gonna start rusting then ill have problems

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
        well i work at a dealer and they told me that thats what they would do just repaint that "catwalk" area
        he just gave it a quick look and told me what he thought i figure ill get one of the other guys to look at it and tell me what they think if not ill just take it else where where they will fix it not that big a deal

and i know its not a big deal but i know if i dont get it fixed its gonna start rusting then ill have problems
        It shouldn't be too much of a rust issue if it's what I think it is. A lot of times when they dip the cars in the phosphate, (this is done before the primer is put on) the phosphate will collect there and cause those bumps. The paint is solid and there shouldn't be any air pockets under it. So, you should just have an extra bit of phosphate under there. Again, I'm not telling you that this is 100% the problem. If your dealership is willing to paint it, go for it. It won't hurt.
        If you do have it done, I'd love to hear what it is if they can tell.

Kris
        Chances are, I helped paint your G6 in one way or another. I work at the Lake Orion GM plant building these cars and we are the "soul" provider of them. If you have any questions about the assembly of them, especially paint, feel free to IM me. I'll answer as best I can!

Comment

^awesome wealth of knowledge, glad to have you with us!!
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i stoped by and talked to them again today. He wants to show it to the big guy at the body shop and get his opinion. ill let you know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
              i stoped by and talked to them again today. He wants to show it to the big guy at the body shop and get his opinion. ill let you know how it goes
              Cool. Thanks!

Comment

and one more update
                talked to the big guy today he came out took one look said "your in your 3/36 right" im like yeah he says "warrenty stop by monday and well schedual you in"

so itll be taken care of

Comment

cars went in today and they had been telling me we can do it in one day so of course right now the rental (KIA Sedona) is here at home should have the car tommorow

i love free work

the best part is im only 20 and i got the rental and they said it only had half a tank of gas when it really had half so i dont have to put gas in

Comment

Take some good pics when you pick it up. Another note of caution, take a good walk around your car before you drive off with it.
                    Too many posters noting some problem after they've left the dealership.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                      Take some good pics when you pick it up. Another note of caution, take a good walk around your car before you drive off with it.
                      Too many posters noting some problem after they've left the dealership.
                      yup just grabbing stuff out of it the whole inside is full of dust already

but if nothing else i work there so if they do brake something theyll let me know and get it taken care of so i dont bug them anymore

Comment

Forgot to mention yesturday
                        GOT THE CAR BACK

looks good
                        no problems
                        they even cleaned the interior for me

the one thing is they broke a trim piece that covers the mirrior nut on the door. i found out when i found the broke one on the passenger seat
                        new one is ordered and should be in tommorow

Comment

Working...
                        X