already have scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• already have scratches

well havnt had my G6 for long and already have alot of scratches on my lower front bumper. well i drive the highway to work and back and already ran over 2 blown out tires on the road. i was wondering about getting a bra for my car. What does anyone think about it? like it or hate it? and i think it would cover the lower bumper right?

Re: already have scratches

Originally posted by scoobylovesg6ers
    well havnt had my G6 for long and already have alot of scratches on my lower front bumper. well i drive the highway to work and back and already ran over 2 blown out tires on the road. i was wondering about getting a bra for my car. What does anyone think about it? like it or hate it? and i think it would cover the lower bumper right?
    Hey even us chicks don't like wearing bra's but we gotta - damn it don't do it to your 6er!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratskat
      Hey even us chicks don't like wearing bra's but we gotta - damn it don't do it to your 6er!!!!
      you don't gotta
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I'd recommend getting a 3M clearbra installed instead, you can get thicker stuff then usual.

Comment

Originally posted by ratskat
          YEAH!!! you can free juggle them :P

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
            I'd recommend getting a 3M clearbra installed instead, you can get thicker stuff then usual.
            i was going to get the bra so i couls hide the scratches is what i was going for.

Comment

Well just polish them out first, then install the clearbra.

But anyways yeah you can get the GM one and it will cover the bumper as well, this might be what you are looking for. Seems to fit and look a lot better than the majority of car bras I've seen.

Comment

i hate the idea of a bra on the front cuz in oen aspect you are protecting your car from rocks and stuff...but no one can appreciate it cuz you got it wrapped up lol...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2557626
                2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

Just remember, sometimes bras cause scratches themselves. They will collect dirt and grime under them and rub the paint causing scratches. What color is the car? And remember too, why cover it up? You're the one who bought the car. Why save it for the next guy? Enjoy it yourself.
                  Chances are, I helped paint your G6 in one way or another. I work at the Lake Orion GM plant building these cars and we are the "soul" provider of them. If you have any questions about the assembly of them, especially paint, feel free to IM me. I'll answer as best I can!

Comment

The best solution is an invisible bra. They're stuck right on to the paint so they won't scratch it and they do a decent job of keeping things from damaging the paint. It's expensive though.

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I agree with everyone else, bras usually look horrible on cars. Just polish those scratches out and go the invisible route!
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

so, i was thinking of haveing my new gxp bumper covered in clear vinyl in hopes to prevent all the rock chips that ive gotten on my current bumper, for now i got some vinyl to cover the fogs and am doing that right now. the place i bought the vinyl from quoted me $199 to do the whole bumper. i see this has been talked abouty on here but has anyone had this done, and does it really protect the paint like it says it does from like rock chips and such? and also although it is clear, really noticeable or you gotta really look for it to tell that its on there?

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                          I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

might talk to our vendoer unique coatings. i know he sales the stuff that will protect it. he might be able to give some reviews on what he uses and you can go from there for your job

i would assume it eventually gets banged up and looks just as bad though

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                              might talk to our vendoer unique coatings. i know he sales the stuff that will protect it. he might be able to give some reviews on what he uses and you can go from there for your job

i would assume it eventually gets banged up and looks just as bad though
                              Thats what I meant to say...

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                              I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X