Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is up with our crappy traction control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is up with our crappy traction control?

Why the hell does our car still bog down and regain traction you mash it even when the traction control button is off? Its stupid! Is there too much engine motion and wheel hop like on the srt-4s? It was raining out and I figured it was ok to light them up a bit in the rain and I couldnt do squat!!! How retarded!

It torque managment that holds you back even with TC off. If you have a PCM tune like I do form Tune Time (westers) you can get it deleted like I did. Its GREAT with no more torque managment to mess with you Only issue with no torque managment all all that torque from the 3900 is that you almost always need TC on now or you just stand still burning your tires up
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

hehe yeah I know what you mean stub...i went to the track and it sux even w/o traction control!! It falls on its freaking face! Time for a Tune!!!
      2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

really...I've never noticed anything like that when I turn my TC off.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
          really...I've never noticed anything like that when I turn my TC off.
          Your RPMs have to be up. If your still spining tires at like 2500-3000 RPMs Torque managment kicks in and kills power to the engine.

2013 Mustang GT
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Happens with the CTS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxmyZtgMoY
            <-- Gray G6? Click!
            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

How is this a modification? Perhaps theres an issue with your TPS. Mine won't open past 39 percent unless my speed is greater than 25.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

my maxx must not have that because with TC off, i can light them up as much as it will do.

Comment

With TC off I can spin the tires right to redline.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by drunkenmaxx
                    my maxx must not have that because with TC off, i can light them up as much as it will do.
                    Originally posted by TLS2000
                    With TC off I can spin the tires right to redline.
                    Really? I know what stubs is talking about. My car use to do it all the time esp when you REALLY didnt want to. Its like the engine reduces power......... Both you guys have manual? I know TSL2000 does. what about you maxx? I have an auto, could be just an automatic thing with torque management maybe

2013 Mustang GT
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

maxx would not have a manual because only G6s came with them.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                        maxx would not have a manual because only G6s came with them.
                        Yeah, Malibu's don't come with sticks . And to top it off, my 'tap shift' is a button on the side that I press up and down - I can't even knock the stick around and pretend .

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Looks like I need to go out and spin my tires this weekend.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

When my TC is off I can smoke em till they are bald.

Soooooo I think Stubs ride is all stubsed up.
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I figured it all out. Stubs has a GT and as such his engine isn't strong enough to keep spinning the tires to redline.

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                              X