Fog Lights/Traction Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Lights/Traction Control

Has anyone found out yet how to keep the fog lights on at all times and the traction control off even after you turn ur car off and then back on. In my opinion I believe car looks better with the fog lights on all the time and runs better with the TC off.
    Joe
    New to the Pontiac World
    2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT
    (Automatic, Panaromic Roof, Tinted)
    (Yokohama Tires, Powerslot Rotors, Akebono Pads)

you could use a relay triggered by either the parking lights or the headlights so that whenever they come on so do the fog lights. dunno about the TC, it could be imbedded in the CPU and maybe the guy working on the computer tune can find a way to take care of it. or there may be another way, i dunno.

Comment

So do u think the dealership could do this under warranty.
      Joe
      New to the Pontiac World
      2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT

Comment

i don't know much about how dealerships work but usually they are pretty scared to modify anything especially if it is not regulated. it wouldn't be too bad to do yourself or if you know someone who can do basic electrical wiring. it would only take an hour to locate the wires and do the work and probably less than $10 in parts.

Comment

cool thanx for the insight
          Joe
          New to the Pontiac World
          2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT

Comment

let me know what you find out, bc the first thing i do everytime i get in my car is turn on the fogs, it's like second nature now, i dont even think about it.
            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Yeah I think its annoying they have to be turned on everytime also but I'm not sure there's anything you can do to keep them on permanently when the car turns on.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

the fogs in my jimmy have a "momentary" switch for them too and it is pretty annoying. i am used to it now though and i really don't even notice i hit the button everytime i turn on my headlights.

Comment

I to have come to just turn them on as soon as I turn on the car.... the one thing that REALLY pissed me off, my girls cobalt has a light that tells you if the fogs are on not some LED in the middle of no where haha
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Couldn't you just direct a wire from the + wire on each fog light to the + wire on the headlight? This way you'd have to forget about the foglight switch forever though.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I've thought about that.. but with the parking light switch so you can turn on just the parking lights at times and have the fogs on
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      Originally posted by simplyred
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

So then they would come on with the remote start too...that would look hot.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                          Couldn't you just direct a wire from the + wire on each fog light to the + wire on the headlight? This way you'd have to forget about the foglight switch forever though.
                          that is pretty much what i was talking about, except i mentioned using a relay so that the fog lights and either headlights or parking lights (whichever you chose) would still be run on seperate circuits instead of running them both on the same. even using relays to hook your regular headlights directly to the battery instead of running through the stock harness often makes them brighter because they are getting better power.

Comment

Working...
                          X