getting a new steering wheel for my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a new steering wheel for my car

i didnt mention anything until i knew what was going on, but friday, i had my fiance take my car to the dealership for me so they could fix the wipers for me (which was the joint fell out so they put it back in) and he picked it up for me as well. well i didnt get in my car until saturday to go to my dads house and on the left side, about a 1/4 of the way down, my stomach came up into my throat. i slammed on the breaks (luckily we were still at the house) and i slung my steering wheel up and wouldnt you know it, gashes (from what look liked a chain or a cell phone) deep in the steering wheel. talked about pissed, and unfortunately with it being the weekend there was no one there at the dealership to call. so i called yesterday, told them about my steering wheel, how it was now and wasnt like that before. they told me to bring it in. i take it in today, they ask me questions (to make sure it wasnt me i suppose) and the guy was feeling it with his finger and pointed out something to me that i didnt feel from my whole hand, where the gashes were, THE STEERING WHEEL BEAM WAS DENTED INWARDS, i mean the length of almost two inches and dented inwards like about 1/8th of an inch. you couldnt see it to the eye cause of the thick cover on the wheel, but you could feel it. so the manager said some workers cell phone must have hit it and they were going to order me a new one. yay! now im not trying to be mean here, but damn, how hard do you have to be smashing your phone into the wheel for it to bend like that. and are you that damn dense to not notice it? sheesh.

Holy crap, what are they using, bagphones?!

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

stupid dealer. Hope they don't wreck something else fixing it for you.

Comment

Im glad they at least aknowledged they did it and are fixing it for you.

Its hard to get that combo.
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

haha its cause im female.

but seriously! i too hope nothing else gets screwed up when the go to fix this! knowing my luck they will screw something up! :P

which would be more stuff for them to fix lol.

Comment

holy effin shite thats just ridiculous
            '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
              haha its cause im female.

but seriously! i too hope nothing else gets screwed up when the go to fix this! knowing my luck they will screw something up! :P

which would be more stuff for them to fix lol.
              Kind of reminds me when I had my window regualtor replaced and they busted my interior door handle they had to order me like 3 new parts

Comment

Working...
              X