any cold air intake/dr speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any cold air intake/dr speed

why get the dr speed and still use the factory cross over engine tube?

i see that it still has the ribbed section that just defeats the air flow
    i did see one guy MADE one and that seemed like the best ive seen so far

just wondering if that was just one i saw or if all the aftermarket intake still use the cross over tube/ribbed pipe
    the woman drives the G6

I drive the Marauder

Doctor Speed also offers a "Stage 4" intake that completley relplaces the stock intake system.

I had some extra parts lying around that why I went that route.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

and how much does that run??
      the woman drives the G6

I drive the Marauder

Comment

Originally posted by red_06
        and how much does that run??
        Cheaper than RSM's around 300.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

i think ur all just paying for a name here....

i might just have to make my own then
          the woman drives the G6

I drive the Marauder

Comment

i don't think that is the case considering the guy who owns Doc Speed runs this forum.

Comment

when you pay for the full piping most of the time your paying extra for about 1 horse (and were talking paying more than $100 at times). The stock piping from the airbox to the throttle body is a good design acctually, on the G6 its the airbox and resonator that was way too restrictive!
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I'm a name!! I feel so honored.

Truthfully, it's like Noah said, the stock plastic piece is a good piece. If you're looking for a TB to fenderwell intake for this car it's going to cost big dollars no matter where you buy it. It's 5-6 FEET of mandrel bent aluminum and it doesn't come cheap. The Injen unit is about $300, the RSM unit is $350 and it's not even a cold air (fenderwell) intake.

Then you have my Stage 3 intake which is a TRUE COLD AIR intake for less than HALF the cost of the RSM warm air unit. Like I said before in previous threads, the Stage 4 will really only benefit the visual aspect (as compared to the Stage 3).

Check around for the past threads as I laid out all of my reasons for the designs.
                2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

^^AMEN, I got ya back *cocks gun*
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

blackrider's custom intake looks like the most effective to me, and if i have to spend 100 to make it why isnt it better or just as good at the stage 3 dr speed?
                    the woman drives the G6

I drive the Marauder

Comment

Re: any cold air intake/dr speed

Originally posted by red_06
                      why get the dr speed and still use the factory cross over engine tube?

i see that it still has the ribbed section that just defeats the air flow
                      i did see one guy MADE one and that seemed like the best ive seen so far

just wondering if that was just one i saw or if all the aftermarket intake still use the cross over tube/ribbed pipe
                      Nobodies saying that blackriders one isnt good, you had asked why buy doc speeds one if it uses the stock piping. We were just saying that it's not worth spending $300+ on the injen or RSM one when A: They arent even tru CAI and B: The full piping is more for looks because the stock tubing is a good design
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      Originally posted by simplyred
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Simmer down now, no need to get all hostile, do what you want, Nobody here is making you choose any product...

The only real change I could see is to either not go over the engine with the big tube, or if you do only replace the tube if it has some heat resistant coating, or wrap the existing tube. I am pretty sure that some of the cold air benefits are lost running the intake charge over that warm area of the engine.

Personally I think keeping the intake on the driver side is probably very effective, but I would like to maintain a somewhat stock look and not sure if I like the filter so low, but then again I have not seen either in person to make a in person judgement.

John
                        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

The only problem I see with the filter being straight off the TB is water and dirt hitting and saturating the filter faster than it being in the stock setup CAI Stage 3. I've had my DoctorSpeed Stage 3 for a while now and I checked the filter when I put the HID's in and it's not even close to being dirty. Also one must think of the amount of air flowing through the intake tube and stock plastic tube, that amound of air I'm sure isn't taking on too much heat I would imagine.
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

GM engineers designed the stock intake...they must know what they're doing when running the tube across the engine bay. I think keeping it on the passenger side inside the fenderwell is the ideal way, no hot air at all down under there.

And if we were all paying for a name, we'd be spending upwards of $350 for parts that were rushed and are of poor quality which break *cough injen cough*...but we're not with the DoctorSpeed intake
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

VIVA EL DOCTOR SPEED

Comment

Working...
                              X