Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Mod

so i was thinking...

i always drove manual tranny cars... i truly hate AutoTragic, i was looking at the 6ers that have the stick in them but they are too expensive. so here is the question...

Can i put a manual shift boot on the auto trans? you know take out the gear indicator and clip in the factory boot...

i think that it will give it that sweet manual look

is this a dumb idea?
    Do it!
    0.00%
    Dont do that you Idiot!
    0.00%
    What were you thinking!
    100.00%

I've seen it done and it looks pretty good. Hell I think some automatic cars come from the factory with a boot on the shifter.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yea that would be sweet with a pistol grip shifter.
      "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

yea most BMW's come with it, it looks exactly like a boot but is automatic i'll look for a picture

here

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
        Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
        Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
        -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

My old Grand Am had a boot on the shifter, so why not do it?

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

You should do it. Not because it looks like a manual shifter, but just because it gives the console a finished look.

Comment

I don't know if the console area is wide enough though, bmw's have close to a square for the gear shifter, the only problem I could see is it isn't wide enough to fit the boot.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
              Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
              Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
              -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

My old GP had the boot. I like it better without it. Its also easier to keep clean.

Comment

I have the same manual boot in my Mustang (sorry). It really does give it a cleaner look. That, and my wife can't find D and R, so she doesn't like to drive it, LOL!
                  Jim
                  Elbows-High Performance, LLC

Comment

I say do it! There only two ways to find out. Do it, or photoshop it!
                    Crimson Brotherhood Member

Comment

Why dont you badge it a GXP while your at it?
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

cant say i ever thought a boot was a manual only thing....

the look is great, sunfires used that look too, as well as grand prixs that ive seen, very clean

Comment

I'm not really for it, I think the shifter looks fine the way it is. Go for it if you want but be sure to post a bunch of pics!
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

any update on this? i saw a friend of mine who had done it on his IS 300 and it looked loads better. id be interested in doin this as well if it wasnt a total pain.

Comment

Working...
                            X