WTF???!!! More radio problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF???!!! More radio problems.

OK, I'm really getting pissed now. Been through my third radio, still can't get it perfect.

First radio, the thing refused to turn on. Took it in, gave me a "new radio". Then this new one, spits out CDs and refuse to play until I insert it like 5-6 times. OK, got another new one, like last Friday. OK, now plays properly, but paint chips on the buttons. Three days and the paint chip off? Come on now.

I don't know what to do. Really. I'm lost.
    Bring it back to the dealer for another RMA
    0%
    Call GM Canada
    0%
    Screw it, just leave it
    0%
    Get the '08 radio after Lampoon comfirm it works
    0%
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Your warranty covers replacement...what they dont tell you is that you get a referbished radio.
    That is the deal that GM has with the radio manufacturer.
    Sooooo you roll the dice.

You know what I did...then again I was outta warranty.

Also if it is the main two bottons that you press to turn it on you can get those replaced at the parts counter for like $7. Thats what I did.

If its the numbers then your screwed.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
      Your warranty covers replacement...what they dont tell you is that you get a referbished radio.
      That is the deal that GM has with the radio manufacturer.
      Sooooo you roll the dice.

You know what I did...then again I was outta warranty.

Also if it is the main two bottons that you press to turn it on you can get those replaced at the parts counter for like $7. Thats what I did.

If its the numbers then your screwed.
      It's actually the "Seek Up" button.

I guess this just fuels me to get the new MP3 AUX radio...
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

dumb question, but they won't replace your radio with the new mp3-capable one, will they?

if not, i would just upgrade
        20% tinted black 07 GT Coupe.. GM debadged
        no other mods (yet)

Comment

Tried that, didn't work.

I might be calling GM Canada Customer Satisfaction later when I have the time. I know it's cosmetic, but it's still frustrating.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Wait...I already paid. See if this guinea pig loses his money or not
            on the combatibility issue.....up to you though. :warped:

MODS:

Comment

At this point, I'd see if you can get the radio upgrade on the basis of the amount of times you've have to get this issue fixed again and again.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
              - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
              - DS S3 Intake
              - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

They wont/cant do that....they have a contract they have to abide by.

MODS:

Comment

Since I'm lost... I'll add a poll to see what everyone thinks I should do.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

talk to customer relations tomorrow
                    20% tinted black 07 GT Coupe.. GM debadged
                    no other mods (yet)

Comment

I'm on my 2nd radio, and it still want play Cd's like it should. It takes like 6 to 8 times before it will play it. Now my warranty is up....
                      "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

I'd make 'em fix it again. I know it's a hassle for you, but what else can they do? I guess you could always ask to speak with someone at GM too.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by dragonpontiac1979
                          I'm on my 2nd radio, and it still want play Cd's like it should. It takes like 6 to 8 times before it will play it. Now my warranty is up....
                          when did you get your radio
                          if it was in the last 12months or 12k miles that should still be warrentied

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                          Originally posted by snowmanG6
                          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                            Originally posted by dragonpontiac1979
                            when did you get your radio
                            if it was in the last 12months or 12k miles that should still be warrentied
                            Yup...the part has a seperate warranty from your car if it was replaced.
                            TAKE IT IN NOOOOW!!!! before its too late.

MODS:

Comment

second what Poon just said. . . . only because his advice has been sound thus far and I am seriously selling my house because of the dude (I am. . I swear it. . . pat yourself on the back. . most liberating thing I've done in a while!)

But seriously, a warranty, you PAY for it in all honesty. . .use it for what it's worth and take care of the problem. . . and my experience in the past. . if you bitch ENOUGH (takes a while and a lot of persistence) you CAN get what you want. . maybe not an upgraded radio but damn, ask for SOMETHING. . it's like being in an accident. . they're causing a shitload of inconvenience here!!
                              What's up with you?
                              Nothin'. What's up with you?
                              Nothin' . . . . . . . .
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              This Is Where I Waste ENTIRELY Too Much Time!

~~~~~~~~~~
                              06 G6 GTP
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X