Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature

Hey all,

I apologize if this has been asked before. However, I wanted to post here just to ask to make sure.

Ive had my G6 for about a week, and one thing that Ive noticed is that the temperature runs about 205/210. it doesnt fluctuate any more than that, and it doesnt get any hotter than 210, but after driving my '03 Stratus and the temp never raising above midpoint, I wanted to make sure that my brand new car wasnt having any issues that I might not be aware of.

So my question is...what temp does yalls car run at?
    Originally posted by Kman
    'Ghetto Booty' + Jules = My, My ,My

Well mine runs at 200 flat in 30 degree weather here in NY, so I would say that yours has to correct, either that or mine has a problem to haha
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

210 sounds perfect. Most cars fans dont even start to turn on till they see 225-230, including motorcycles. 250+ is when oil breaks down and you start doin damage. Your car sounds perfect...just like a Pontiac.

L8R,
      Sterling
      2006 G6 GT Black 4 Door. Remote Start, Black Heated Leather, Three Spoke Wheel w/ cruise and Radio Controls,RED calipers by DupliColor, 27% Tint,Vent Visors, Hood Lift Kit, Nokya Artic White H/L Bulbs. 2 10" Infinity Subs w/960RMS Amp.
      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slrkappa/ ... EBJMLIV8fX
      USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

Comment

I'm not sure where the numbers are on the gauge off the top of my head, but my needle usually stays right below the midpoint when the car is at operating temp.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling
          210 sounds perfect. Most cars fans dont even start to turn on till they see 225-230, including motorcycles. 250+ is when oil breaks down and you start doin damage. Your car sounds perfect...just like a Pontiac.

L8R,
          Sterling

UNLESS you own a 1996 Kawasaki zx9r, then the SOB wants to overheat, after doing about $250 worth of coolant system work, $1000 in paint,etc.. grumble,grumble,eexplicit language,grumble!.....>.

Comment

Mine never budges from 205 and thats in AZ!!
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
            X