2006 or 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 or 2007?

Is there an easy way to tell if my car is a 2006 or 2007? I've seen this thread:

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5437

but that doesn't really help me. When it was sold to me I was told it was a 2007. But it has these rims on it:

I heard someone say that these were 2006 rims on here?

Was I lied to?
    Blue Man Group

open up the door, the production month and year should be on the tag in the door jam.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

My cars in Hawaii and I'm in san jose, CA. I have it in storage till I go back on the 16th
      Blue Man Group

Comment

where did u buy it from?
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        They cleaned my thing out
        g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
        2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

Used Car Guy. Use to be a Enterprise Rental It's in pretty excellent shape excluding a small ding on the bumper. It had 3400 miles on it. But I only paid $14,500 for it, so I'm not complaining.
          Blue Man Group

Comment

Do they have free carfax sites?
            Blue Man Group

Comment

V6 right? Check if your car has VVT.

'07s have the LZ4 3.5L with VVT.
              '06s have the LX9 3.5L without VVT.

And it's about right. Those used to be the 2006 standard GT rims, became the standard V6 rims in '07 (but still optional in Canada).
              <-- Gray G6? Click!
              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Well maybe its an 07 then because mines a 2007 V6 model
                Blue Man Group

Comment

I thought that was what you wanted to find out? BTW why the doubt now?
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                  2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                  Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

I meant to say "supposedly a 2007."

Because at I went to Hawaii and purchased the car. And when I got back to california I looked at the pictures he had of it on the net and the license plates are different. So I don't know if he was just dishonest or what. But, I just put the vin into autocheck and it pulls it up as being a 2007 G6, but it says it has 9 records on it so there's another thing that concerns me now. I want to check but I'm kinda afraid too now that I already purchased the car. And I don't have $25 bucks to shell out at the moment
                    Blue Man Group

Comment

check your 10th vin number if its a 6 its 06, 7 its 07

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      Originally posted by snowmanG6
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                      X