Got my GM kit need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my GM kit need help

well my kit finally arrived. well he said it was new but it looks used. I am painting it anyways because I have a red car. The problem is 2 brackets attached to the molding of the side skirts are broken off and missing. The other 2 look really weak and might come off as well. There is a bend in the bumper and a slice in the bumper.
    I am not a body guy so I dont know how much is fixable. I paid $300 w/shipping total. It was a good deal but I don't know If I should fight this or what. Is this stuff fixable? I found this on ebay. I would normally send it back but for only $200 + $100 shipping thats a steal. Is this salvagable?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
    Originally posted by [i
    Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

It doesn't look new with the scratches and the brackets missing. Were they in the package like they got broken in transit? And does this Ebay seller have good feedback from previous customers? It's a good deal but I think I'd contact them.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

^^^ Well if the brackets broke in transit then they would be in the box so thats why I think it was already installed. the seller is 100% with 44 sales.

Originally posted by [i
      Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Yeah that's obviously not new...I'd contact him too. Not sure how much it would cost to fix that but maybe he'll give you some money back?

Comment

Does anyone know if this is fixable by a body shop

Originally posted by [i

Comment

It's plastic and or fiberglass. It's all fixable. It needs to be painted anyway. Epoxy will get the tabs back on if they are available. Otherwise, you make 'em.
            Take it to some body shops and ask questions. It depends on how much you're willing to spend. You bought this on the cheap. Can you get it on your 6 for less money than a new one?
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

thats messed up, contact the seller and see whats up and let them know you know for a fact its not new...

Comment

I contacted him and he said it was new and that I could just sell it on my own. He said that he had more offers after it was sold. I think hes just a dick. Basically he wont do anything and told me that If I leave a bad reveiw that he still had reveiw for me. What the heck did I do.

Originally posted by [i

Comment

Maybe contact Ebay and file a complaint. Send them the pictures and the message you sent and the one he replied with.
                  Blue Man Group

Comment

Dispute it that the item is not what was listed, get your money back and keep it until they ask for it back or replace it

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                    Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                    Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                    -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Okay heres the update

I took the kit to some smart guys and they say that everything is fixable and the peices that broke off are of no concern. I went to a couple body shops to allow them the oppurtunity to compete with each other and the lowest bid so far is $468 all done except for install which I will do to save some $$.

A couple more OT shifts and I can do it. the only down fall is that no one thinks I can run the dual exhuast with the shape of the GM rear valance. i might have to keep it single exhuast.

Originally posted by [i

Comment

You could go the old Jonnycat route and just cut a second hole in the valence.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                          very much considered but the shape of this peice would risk the integrety of it. It just wouldn't look good.

See how the curve turns inwards ion the bottom pic

Originally posted by [i

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                            \
                            word. F*ck single exhaust.
                            2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                            Black/Black coupe

Comment

I just don't see how to run dual and make it look good. trust me I want to Jonnycat already gave me his tip to do it.

Originally posted by [i

Comment

Working...
                              X