Because there isn't a good Malibu site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because there isn't a good Malibu site

Ok, here is the question to other Epsilon platform owners. I can get an 06 Maxx SS for 14991, clean carfax, but has the steering column pops. Dealer (Ford) says they have a great rapport with the local Chevy dealer, and they will send it for warranty work before I take delivery if I sign the purchase order. It has 29000 miles on it.

Everything else is great on it. I had been given a brand new 07 to drive for a couple days, and this used one feels just as tight. The steering is the only concern.

It was a GM company car to start life, then was sold at 5000 miles. At 29000 it was traded in at the Ford dealership presumably because of the steering problem.

I have read all about the Electric, and not as much about the Hydraulic. Can this problem be reliably fixed? What is everybody's with the Hydraulic steering opinion on this?

The hydraulic should actually be more reliable once it's fixed. The electric is what always has the TSBs going out.

I'd say politely ask for the warranty work agreement in writing, and go for it.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Its prolly "as is" but Ill bet they will warranty your one concern if they think that is all your worried about.

Got any snaps of the car??? :P
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
        The hydraulic should actually be more reliable once it's fixed. The electric is what always has the TSBs going out.

I'd say politely ask for the warranty work agreement in writing, and go for it.
        Agreed. Get it in writing.
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

It is for sure being sold with the remaining factory warranty. I told them to get started on the transaction today. When I go tomorrow, I will have them put it in writing. They have been very agreeable so far, I got a carfax upon request, they dropped the price from 18991 about a month and a half ago.

It is Blurple. No sunroof, no DVD. Saving some weight

Can't wait till it is all good from the warranty work, and it is mine. Nothing like owning a cool unique car, made in America, for about 330 a month.

Comment

That Blurple is a really good color on the Malibus. No other car is really suited by it.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
            - DS S3 Intake
            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

It's gonna look really good with dual 4" tips hanging out the back too. Maxx SS plus GT-R = sexy.

Comment

That would look damn sexy!

Comment

Welp, the Maxx SS is mine. They gave me a lot more on my trade-in than I thought, and the total price out the door with everything rolled into the financing was just under 18000. Not too bad if you ask me. The Chevy dealer already fixed the steering as well, about 6 hours too late though .

Nothing is worse than a used Grand Marquis loaner car, it smells like old man ass and decaying hydrocarbons combined. And it moves less quickly than a banana slug.

Can't wait till spring. Should have the GT-r, some version of an intake and will be taking the trip up to Clinton Michigan for some sweet tuning love. Should be bonzer.

Comment

Working...
                  X