Exhaust System Coming Soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust System Coming Soon!

I visited an upscale exhaust shop(Kooks Custom Headers) to obtain an estimate for an exhaust system. The shop is very professional and does business all over the country. It looks I'll be going with their suggestion. The setup will be from the resonator back using 2.25" T409 Stainless Steel piping into a 'Y' pipe out back. The 'Y' pipe will feed into 2 Magnaflow mufflers which will end in two in 4 " polished tips. The Magnaflow mufflers will be offset. The guys feel that Y pipe before the resonator is not causing much restriction, but the muffler in back is not helping matters. The OEM exhaust setup is a compromise,to give a more subtle exhaust note and a more aggressive engine sound, per the exhaust guys. Well this is going to change. I am looking to do this in a week or two. The cost of this custom fabrication is $750. I will try to get underbody pics for the work while in progress. There will be 'Before' and 'After' pics.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

750! holy crap....

Sounds like a nice setup though...
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

i'm going to be doing this soon too, but not for a month or two. i cant wait to see it, but i didnt think it would be 750, i wasnt looking to spend that much.
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
        i'm going to be doing this soon too, but not for a month or two. i cant wait to see it, but i didnt think it would be 750, i wasnt looking to spend that much.
        I'm sure it could be done for less. This shop does work for race cars and custom header/exhaust setups. I am confident the results will be worth the money. I took a walk through the shop and see they do a lot of custom fabrication.
        Forge Motorsports BPV
        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

It can be done for under $300.00, just depends on the parts you use and the quality that you want done. Like GTRs set up was all stanless and mandrel bent and was about $500 or so, he was going to sell it but people didnt want to pay that much for it
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Like GTRs set up was all stanless and mandrel bent and was about $500 or so, he was going to sell it but people didnt want to pay that much for it

Actually, I've already sold over 17 systems. My price was and is a steal, for the materials and design being used.

Comment

It can be done for under $300.00, just depends on the parts you use and the quality that you want done. Like GTRs set up was all stanless and mandrel bent and was about $500 or so, he was going to sell it but people didnt want to pay that much for it
              i was going to buy his system, but he pulled it of the market. The one I'm buying is mandrel-bent .

Here is there website: http://www.kookscustomheaders.com
              Forge Motorsports BPV
              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Well I didnt mean anything by what I said, I meant that nobody around here wanted it (unless people started ordering from here later)
                Originally posted by Toyz
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R
                  Like GTRs set up was all stanless and mandrel bent and was about $500 or so, he was going to sell it but people didnt want to pay that much for it

Actually, I've already sold over 17 systems. My price was and is a steal, for the materials and design being used.
                  What is the story for the GTP system?
                  Forge Motorsports BPV
                  CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                  HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Whoa! If I were to pay $750 for an exhaust system, I'd wait for Borla to design one.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                      What is the story for the GTP system?
                      I haven't had a chance to measure a GTP yet, but everything within the exhaust appears to be in the same location.

Comment

I would imagine the GTP is the same.... GM is going to spend the money and make the two that different.

Anyone on these boards have the system? I would imagine out of 17 someone does. I would love to hear what they think after hearing it in person!

John

Comment

BTW, if any of you guys are near Dallas, Texas and is interested in a system, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
                            I would imagine the GTP is the same.... GM is going to spend the money and make the two that different.

Anyone on these boards have the system? I would imagine out of 17 someone does. I would love to hear what they think after hearing it in person!

John
                            John, I've been taking order thus far. I'm still working out the bugs. Making it fit 100% perfect without the use of a welder takes a bit of engineering. I'm working with a CNC machine miles from me, and as I said before, this is not my biggest priority as I run two other businesses.
                            If any body is in the Dallas area, I'll be more than happy to weld a system on for them so they can tell everybody here what they think of it. Untill I get all the fitment issues corrected, I'm not shipping the sold systems.

Comment

Sounds good, sadly I am far north of you where the snow still falls!

John

Comment

Working...
                              X