.....tips on trading in the G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .....tips on trading in the G6

Hello all....i have been seriously thinking lately that i want to trade in my car (2006 white G6 sedan) and potentially get a 2007. What are some good tips to follow when on the lot? Im pretty young and dont have much experience with this kind of stuff so all of yall's help would be awesome!
    2006 White Sedan, 18K miles, 20% tint on the sides and 15% on the back, two 12" infinity subs-1250 watt infinity amp, Doctor Speed stage 3 CAI, tan and black interior.....in the process of buying some wheels, possibly some 20's- still undeciced

Hate to burst your bubble but when trading in a one year old car, expect to lose 20-25% depreciation in the first year. I suggest you either wait for the next G6 which will come out in 2-3 years, or trade into something better or different like the G8. There isn't that much of a difference between a 07 and 06 to justify taking such a big hit in depreciation.
    Some dealers may be anxious to get rid of their 07 to make room for the 08. If the price difference with the trade-in is not too bad, and you must have a 07, consider yourself lucky.

Comment

That's why I bought mine used. Owning a new car is awesome but you save soooo much when it's "gently used". I have a child in private school so that's the only way to go for me. . . . until my husband funds a loan on a 10 million dollar home. . . then I'll have quite a few brand new cars! haha!! j/k!

waiting 2-3 years is great advice though. I got really lucky. . purchasing my car outside of city limits I saved about 3000- 3500 dollars compared to what they wanted in the city. I could turn around and sell it right now and make a profit! (No I'm not gonna. . . I love my car!)

I do understand wanting the new one though.
      What's up with you?
      Nothin'. What's up with you?
      Nothin' . . . . . . . .
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      This Is Where I Waste ENTIRELY Too Much Time!

~~~~~~~~~~
      06 G6 GTP
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

actually, i have an 06gt and will trade in for 08gtp w/ leather.. i know i'll take a big it since i bought my 06 brand new in may of 06.. but hey! 08' has 50horses more, 10k / 5 year warrenty!, aux input!!

worth taking the hit on depreciation..i'll strech the loan out longer to actually lower or keep payments same!! whahaha!
        06' Black G6 GT Coupe: FL legal tint, GT-R Exhaust, Black Emblem Overlays, Silver G6peformance Decals, CAI coming soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian79
          actually, i have an 06gt and will trade in for 08gtp w/ leather.. i know i'll take a big it since i bought my 06 brand new in may of 06.. but hey! 08' has 50horses more, 10k / 5 year warrenty!, aux input!!

worth taking the hit on depreciation..i'll strech the loan out longer to actually lower or keep payments same!! whahaha!
          Strech it out longer and you'll pay much more for your car. Finance companies love this. Looks like you've made up your mind already though.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

wow someone actually wants a gxp

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
            Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
            Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
            -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

He said GTP.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

2008 doesn't have a gtp

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero

Comment

Won't he be surprised then?
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

instead of the higher price why not just get exhaust (already has), intake, tune, custom y-pipe, maybe headers, bam there's 50 hp or close to it

Comment

good points, on my current ride i choose the 4year plan at lower rate..then the streched out plan.. and i'm glad i went that route, but ya.. i been browsing the net i not so sure about trading my car in for another g6.... how quick i change my mind lol

the g8 will be to costly for my broke ass, i think i'll just hold on to what i have until i pay it off and/or until i can find something that totally makes sense..like a nice v8 that will be affordable at that time (2010 or so)
                      06' Black G6 GT Coupe: FL legal tint, GT-R Exhaust, Black Emblem Overlays, Silver G6peformance Decals, CAI coming soon...

Comment

i got luckey. i traded my 06 G6 kinda beat with 18k miles for a 07 G6 for 2200 out the door

Comment

Wow apparently trading in a G6 has something to do with a mod.

MOVED :P
                          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                          X