Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First GXP Street Edition rolled off the line tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First GXP Street Edition rolled off the line tonight.

The very first two Rousch designed GXP Street Edition coupes rolled off the line tonight. One is silver and the other is the new dark gray color (color 75) Neither had the hood scoops or spoiler. Those will run tomorrow.

All I can say, is pictures do not do this car justice. It is purely amazing. When you get the chance, go see one!

UPDATE
    We now have a sedan in the audit room. So, for all of you four door lovers, you can have your street edition sedan too.

UPDATE 2

I am trying to get approval to take some pictures of the first ones here in the plant. Also, out plant newsletter had some info on these that I found a bit interesting. Here is the article:

ORION...G6 GXP COUPE STREET EDITION DEBUTS
    ...The 2008 Pontiac Roush street option package will be coming down the line this week. The special edition G6 GXP street edition package will include a front fascia with braided, polished steel grille inserts and two GTO fog lamps, two-piece rocker moldings, rear fascias, body color mirror caps, polished dual exhaust tips and the GXP badge on the front doors. Other GXP standard equipment includes Stabilitrak, leather heated seats, auto climate control, power driver seats and all with a MSRP starting under $27,000.
    $27,000 seems a bit steep to start, but I guess my loaded GTP was right around that price.
    Chances are, I helped paint your G6 in one way or another. I work at the Lake Orion GM plant building these cars and we are the "soul" provider of them. If you have any questions about the assembly of them, especially paint, feel free to IM me. I'll answer as best I can!

Holy crap! What dealers are these cars going to???????
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

brass hats probly

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Re: First GXP Street Edition rolled off the line tonight.

Originally posted by G6painter
        The very first two Rousch designed GXP Street Edition coupes rolled off the line tonight.
        What? Did I miss something here? I thought the Rousch design was axed in favour of what we see in the top left corner....

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
          The very first two Rousch designed GXP Street Edition coupes rolled off the line tonight.
          What? Did I miss something here? I thought the Rousch design was axed in favour of what we see in the top left corner....
          Maybe, he made a mistake.
          2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
          Forge Motorsports BPV
          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
          HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

So which is it then. i thought it was on the back boiler.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
            Originally posted by [i
            Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
              Maybe, he made a mistake.
              Nope. The car that rolled off the line today is pretty much the same car up in the corner. It is tagged as a Rousch car and all of the people chasing the car through the plant were wearing Pontiac/Rousch/GXP shirts. Rousch definitely has something to do with the design. Hell, one of their plants is not even a mile from the plant.
              Chances are, I helped paint your G6 in one way or another. I work at the Lake Orion GM plant building these cars and we are the "soul" provider of them. If you have any questions about the assembly of them, especially paint, feel free to IM me. I'll answer as best I can!

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                None. These units are considered "Non-Saleable" and will probably either be trashed or crash tested.

Comment

Interesting. I thought this was the Rousch concept but I didn't know Rousch had a hand in the real GXP.

Maybe we can blame Rousch for how it turned out!

Comment

None. These units are considered "Non-Saleable" and will probably either be trashed or crash tested.
                    y is that????

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                      y is that????
                      I don't know for sure. Our first cars of every year end up as non-saleable. Some of them go for crash testing and others go for other types of testing. Every year we make cars that go to the scrap heap. Unfortunately it's sad.

Comment

Interesting. I thought this was the Rousch concept but I didn't know Rousch had a hand in the real GXP.

Maybe we can blame Rousch for how it turned out!
                        I don't know what kind of hand Roush (btw, I know I've been spelling it wrong. I guess I'm retarded.) had in this. All I know is that it has Roush tags (pieces of paper with their name on it) and the guys with Pontiac/Roush/GXP shirts on.

I really wish I could snap a pic of it, but I'd be sure to lose my job.

Comment

Hey no worries, interesting tidbit of news though.

Comment

Roush does a lot of design work for all of the car companies. It's no surprise that this is a Roush design.

That said, the original GXP concept was WAY hotter than bucky is.

Pictures actually do do this car justice. They make it look better than it actually looks. I've seen it in person at the auto show and even the Pontiac people there couldn't say anything nice about it once I pointed out that the grille was too big.

sigpic
                            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

If this is a Roush design, I'm kinda glad they mostly stick to Fords. But I don't even think that is the case. If Roush had anything to do with this car, GM would advertise that.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                              - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                              - DS S3 Intake
                              - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Working...
                              X