Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: CAB Installation

http://www.doctorspeed.com/installation ... ation.html

Got this from Dr. Speed. Hope this helps everyone!!!!

**EDIT**
    PM Lampoon for instructions. Seems like the link is gone.....
    2005 GT Sedan in black, 35% tint, Black Calipers by DupliColor with Custom caliper decals, Chromed Lower Grill Accent, Debadged, Hardwired Whistler RD, GT-R Exhaust, DS CAB, VVME 6000k HID Kit, Luminics Pure Blue Foglights, GTP Wheel Package

Thanks
    Blue Man Group

Comment

Re: How To: CAB Installation

awesome. how long would you say this job takes??

Progression Page

Comment

Read the product reviews on it, plenty of info. I think the average time was about 20 min
        ? CRAB CAB Intake (Lampoon)
        ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)
        ? Kustom Dekalz Overlays (Schenko)
        ? Twin 12" JL W6-V2 subs ?
        ? Dynoed @ 207.4 WHP & 215.1 Ft-Lb

Comment

I have an issue with removing the clip on the AC, can't seem to detach it. 2006 3.5 GT Engine. How did you guys remove it?

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
          G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

why remove it? push it down and rotate it. at least that is what i did with mine incase i ever need it again

Comment

I dont think anyone removed the actual bracket. Just leave it on the line. It wont bother a thing.
              Or you can even rotate it up and bolt it to the CAB if your worried about it moving.....
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

yah the actual tab it self does not come off the ac line. i bent a piece of metal drilled a hole for the ac line and screwed it into the CAB to support the ac line from moving.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                Originally posted by ahuhn
                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

what I'm talking about is the stock air box is connected to that piece and I can't get the box out because that piece can't be taken apart

Comment

get a big flat head screw driver under the tab and pry on it a lil, it should pop out. just dont force it to much, cuz u might break something

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                    Originally posted by ahuhn
                    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Yeah I had problems with that too and was afraid to damage the A/C line.
                      I just used a metal saw and voilĂ ! Job is done!

PS: When it was time to bring it back to the dealership at the end of the lease I driled holes in the plastic and used tie-wraps to hold it in place. Worked great and I haven't heard any comebacks!
                      COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
                      Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                      MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
                      Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by coulomjo
                        Yeah I had problems with that too and was afraid to damage the A/C line.
                        I just used a metal saw and voilĂ ! Job is done!

PS: When it was time to bring it back to the dealership at the end of the lease I driled holes in the plastic and used tie-wraps to hold it in place. Worked great and I haven't heard any comebacks!
                        lol was thinking about the saw, my dad and I are going to look at it again next week cause I got the USF bowl game this weekend and got to get to Tampa so hopefully next week I'll have it in.

Won't have the dealer issues though its paid off

Comment

the file's gone

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
                            the file's gone
                            This thread should go to the trash then

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
                              Originally posted by mike91y2k
                              the file's gone
                              This thread should go to the trash then
                              that's one less thread for me to read while I'm at work

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Working...
                              X