Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

05-06 Steering lock up defect investigation (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05-06 Steering lock up defect investigation (Closed)

Here is a link to GM from NHTSA regarding the investigation of electronic power steering lock up.

This is NOT new news.
    EDIT:
    I'll be changing this to a normal post as members have time to read the last post.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Why aren't the 2007s included with this investigation?
    Also, why aren't the Malibus included as well? They use the same EPS system as the G6s.
    I hope this issue doesn't turn into a massive recall. GM doesn't need the headache right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
      Also, why aren't the Malibus included as well? They use the same EPS system as the G6s.
      I hope this issue doesn't turn into a massive recall. GM doesn't need the headache right now.
      I don't think there has been a complaint on the 07's. I didn't check the malibu database for complaints either.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

Yeah. Cause losing a few innocent lives would be much more productive.

http://www.sharpshooterv1.com/index.php?act=idx

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
          No known issues with 07 models.

Malibus are not affected by this. Nobody is sure why. But the reality is the problem is NOT likely to be an EPS failure. Even without EPS, the wheel can be turned and the car controlled. The problem is far deeper than that -- those that complained say the wheel CAN NOT be turned at all when the lockup occurs.
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

luckily with my 06 I haven't had that problem yet
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

no prob with my 06 either
              Originally posted by jeffro
              nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LZ's GTP
                no prob with my 06 either
                That's because the GTP's aren't a part of the investigation.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

lol, i realized that after i posted shoulda edited it
                  nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Yea, your GTP has hydraulic power steering, LZ. No problems there.

GTs also got hydraulic steering either in 2006 or 2007, I don't remember. Only the base models continue to have electric steering.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                    - DS S3 Intake
                    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

05-06 base and GT's have electric assist steering. Of the Pontiac family, these are the only G6's under that investigation.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

my car is awesome :warped:
                        nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LZ's GTP
                          lol, i realized that after i posted shoulda edited it
                          That's ok, I'll remove it later.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

lol, you are too good to me hehehehe I'm having an issue typing and reading today...good think I have no big meetings today..haha :warped: :wacko:
                            nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

My 06 GT has the eletric assist and I haven't had any problems like mentioned before, hopefully I never do as I'm hauling ass around a corner.....
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X