Detailing - How Much $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing - How Much $$$

How much can I expect to pay someone to detail just the outside of my car? I just don't have the time to give it a good wash, wax, polish ect. I've never paid anyone and I don't want to get screwed either.

It depends on the condition of the paint. The more work the detailer has to do, the more it's gonna cost.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

The paint is in good condition but there are some water spots and some swirl marks I'd like them to get out. Nothing major but like I said, I just don't have the time. I know you can't give me an exact but I'm just looking for a ball park.

Comment

For a reputable detailer it would probably cost you a lot - I would guess $150-$200?

Maybe someone who actually does this for a living can chime in *cough* interfire *cough*

Comment

^^^Yeah, that's kind of who I'm waiting on.

Comment

It depends on what the job is, if the client just wants a wash, wax and interior detail I would charge a base price. If they want me to remove swirls and do some defect work then I charge by the hour because you can't guarantee it's going to be done in a certain amount of time, and def don't go to someone who does this because they will just go as fast as they can to finish in the amount of time... some clear coat and paint is harder than others so it takes a lot more work etc etc...

For a wash, clay, interior clean, wax I will charge anywhere from $150-$200 depending on if it's a SUV or car. One you start getting into more detailed work that usually will almost double. I detailed a boat last week and I made 4 figures.... but I had 2 helpers and it took a 2 and a half days.

If you just want a quick polish to remove your water spots, swirls and a wax, with wash thrown in there don't pay more than $150 depending on the severity of it of course. I can't really give you a better answer than that however without looking at it so of course understand that.

Comment

Much appreciated. Maybe I'll try and find the time!

Comment

No prob, just keep in mind that it is going to vary from location to location. If there are a lot of shops around you will get cheaper prices usually. If they are reputable is the main thing, I've seen some good detailers charge under $100 for a job of that type.

I would look on a autopia, or Megs forum actually and see if there are any detailers near you... seems like a really good chance.

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

my paint is in good condition and i was quoted $600
                    well, i went to the shop that only does exotics ( Porsche lambo etc)

Comment

Yeah never go to shops that do cars like that, not saying they don't do good work but they can get away charging that much cause people with cars like that think it's a better job.

Comment

interfire, do you know any good detailing places aroung the GTA?
                        20% tinted black 07 GT Coupe.. GM debadged
                        no other mods (yet)

Comment

Damn I should start detailing out of my driveway
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by s.p.
                            Unfortunately I don't really know of much other than a couple places. Like I mentioned above your best idea would be to go on Autopia or Megs online forums and look to see if any detailers live near you. A lot of pros on there are active members and have detailed many of the other members rides so you should find lots of feedback.

That's the only one I know of that does good work, haven't checked in a while but you should be able to view some of the work on G35 or my350z forums. Does quite a few of members rides on both forums, and from what I have seen does good work.

I can tell you to stay away from these guys, I've heard bad things about their rotary work. I actually had a client that had me detail 2-3 cars for him a month a few years ago, he's moved since and sometimes emails pics of his cars (One was a 350z, I'm a big sucker for those so that's why) and they 'destroyed' his 350z. Holograms, swirls and even burned through the paint on a fender.

Comment

Originally posted by s.p.
                              Tom (TLS2000) might know....he's from the GTA.

Comment

Working...
                              X