Warm steering wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm steering wheel?

'07 GT 'vert: My steering wheel feels warm around the area where the cruise control and radio controls are mounted. Is this normal? I don't have anything like this around the controls on my Impala.

Mine get warm when the interior lights have been on a while. So do my radio/climate controls as well.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Thanks. These seem to stay noticeably warm all the time, but I'll be a little more attentive and see if coordinates with anything else going on. It just seemed odd that a simple set of controls should be drawing enough juice to feel warm.

Comment

The red lights are fairly intense, I guess. So far it seems normal, they never get HOT, just warm. Curse of having cool-ass red lights, I suppose.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
        - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
        - DS S3 Intake
        - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

I could understand why they would get warm however mine have never felt warm at all.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

How did you guys get heated steering wheels? I'm jealous!
            Brian-
            Membership has it's privileges

SSSS Member #10 since 2007

Comment

I can tell you exactly what to do if you want heated seats, heated wheels and heated everything...

Comment

doesnt get too hot around my steering controls, but dealership did some work on the steering itself and had to pop off the silver control covers, and now they rattle like a bitch
                2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

I've never noticed that with mine, but I can see the lights having some help in the matter.

Comment

Never noticed it either.

Comment

Working...
                    X