Can't Decide What to do First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Decide What to do First

I don't know if I want to tackle appearance or performance first. I just don't feel like I'm "ownin'" this car the way I could. I've been holding off because I was in a car accident in April and have been shelling out an extra 400 - 600 a month on dr visits and physical therapy (that's just in co-pays! bleh!) but the accident will settle in the next month or two and I'll be getting all of that back . . . . soooo. . . . it's about to be ON. . . haha.

Mine is a GTP, so performance-wise I have no complaints but I know it could be better. I KNOW something has to be done about the appearance. Tint being one of the main issues. I just don't know what else I wanna do yet and I'm having a hard time deciding which route to go.

Did anyone else have the same dilemma and is there any way to improve performance enough to make me not think twice about having chosen that over appearance?
    What's up with you?
    Nothin'. What's up with you?
    Nothin' . . . . . . . .
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    This Is Where I Waste ENTIRELY Too Much Time!

~~~~~~~~~~
    06 G6 GTP
    ~~~~~~~~~~

The intake is pretty cheap. It's not a huge difference, but it gives some nice improved throttle response. After that, maybe you could look into the recessed grilles if you like those, or maybe some HIDs or interior LEDs. Depends on your fancy.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

I don't think anyone's ever asked that question before.
      Depending on the cash you have to spend I guess. Performance or looks. I had my exhaust on before I had the tint. Thats only because my tint shop was doing MTV buildup shows and were busy pimpin hummers.
      Audiovision FTW!
      Montclair, Calif.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

here is what im doing (in case its to give you an idea) im investing in all my performance parts at once (all custom) but waiting till i have everything before i add anything, that way everything can get done all at once, and make sure everything is calibrated and tuned correctly (that way i dont have to keep going back and having things redone and re-worked- just have it done all in one shot) and in the mean time doing subtle exterior changes over time till its to my liking in the end.

thing is lack of finances right now so everything is on a slow course but thats how im doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
          here is what im doing (in case its to give you an idea) im investing in all my performance parts at once (all custom) but waiting till i have everything before i add anything, that way everything can get done all at once, and make sure everything is calibrated and tuned correctly (that way i dont have to keep going back and having things redone and re-worked- just have it done all in one shot) and in the mean time doing subtle exterior changes over time till its to my liking in the end.

thing is lack of finances right now so everything is on a slow course but thats how im doing it.
          Not a bad plan!

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
          - DS S3 Intake
          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

*bow*

Comment

I say do all of them first

Actually i usually go for appearance first, but with the goat i kinda went after performance first and really wish i would have spent the money on some new wheels and tint first. Ohwell, you will figure it out.
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I've done absolutley nothing to my car and I hate it. BUT I'm getting money in September and its pretty much gonna be a different car. You're lucky you have a GTP though and can get a turbo. I have a shitty GT.. not shitty really.. but no comparison in the end. Definetly do what hotg6 (sorry! I can't think of your name right now :S) says and wait til you've got all performance mods lined up. As for me.. I'm *THINKING* about getting the Razzi bodykit.. I have mixed feelings on it. But for sure a sub and an amp not sure what kind.. hammerhead or flushmount spoiler.. cloudrider grill.. new front bumber depending on what I do with the bodykit sitch.. intake.. and minor appearance stuff (debadging, tint etc.)

Comment

Like several people already said, a lot depends on the $$ you can spend and whether appearance or performance is a priority. I agree with you that the GTP performance is already pretty good for a daily driver, so most of my mods have been appearance.

Tint, painting the brake calipers, painting the engine bay covers, and debadging are not too much $$. Chrome accents on the lower grille is cheap and good-looking mod ... replacing the lower and/or upper grilles is quite a bit more $$. Adding a spoiler isn't too much (depending on which one you choose) and is a pretty popular mod.

Just a few of the things I've done since joining this site ... the problem is there are so many great mods people have done here that it's tough to decide what should be next
                  (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Well,I'm a performance guy and that is the first improvements that I make. As stated earlier, it depends on available finances. I believe the exhaust system is the place to start, but if money is a bit tight, do the intake first.
                    My order of mods:

1) Intake
                    2) Appearance mods
                    3) Exhaust system
                    4) Tuned ECM / TCM
                    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                    Forge Motorsports BPV
                    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

personally I would do a lot of your appearance mods first-make the 6 look badass then slowly start spending your money on the more expensive performance mods. I had my car for almost a year and a half before I bought my exhaust.
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Just for an example, with performance and appearance mods, my ride went from this :

To this:

Forge Motorsports BPV
                        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

amazing transformation, your car has always been hot shit!!!
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                            amazing transformation, your car has always been hot shit!!!
                            Thanks.
                            Forge Motorsports BPV
                            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                              Just for an example, with performance and appearance mods, my ride went from this :

To this:

Now thats a big freakin difference from stock to now.. last time i saw your car it had the wing and upper grilles didn't know you got the lower grille's also.. but man its looking good
                              2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X