Weird radio question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird radio question

Can people try something for me? I'm guessing it's just how the car is set up, but it's weird. Yesterday I got out of my drivers side and turned the car off. Noticing the passenger window was down on the way through the lot, I got in the passenger side and put my car to aux to put the window up, which turned on the radio. When I took out the key and got out the passenger side, my radio stayed on and never shut off. I had to get in and back out of the driver side for the thing to shut off like normal. Does this happen in everyone's car? I have a 2007 gt coupe with the monsoon sound. If so, I kinda understand the thinking that if the key goes in then theres probably a driver in the driver's seat, but in cases like that it's not true and pretty dumb. Thanks guys.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Yes that is normal.

Comment

yes thats normal...it times out eventually...the same goes to most GMs like that as well

Comment

Normal. It's a feature called Retained Accessory Power (RAP). Accessories stay on in the car for 10 minutes or until driver's door is opened. Although windows and sunroof stop working once any door is opened.
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

RAP is trying to outsmart you. I don't like it and prefer to have total control of my vehicle myself.

Comment

I like having RAP. It's a handy feature IMO.

Comment

I never cared for RAP much. I like how my lights dim when I exit the vehicle though.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

yep thats normal

Comment

I guess it makes sense that the passenger getting out shouldn't stop the radio if the driver is still sitting there. It just was weird cuz I was messing under the hood and messed up a ground wire which reset my radio settings and my window indexing, then that happened so I was a little spooked. On a side note, the radio lost it's fade, bass/treble, and display settings but kept my xm stations intact. That was surprising.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                    RAP is trying to outsmart you. I don't like it and prefer to have total control of my vehicle myself.
                    In earlier GM models there was a RAP fuse you could yank and kill that feature. I'm not sure if that is possible in the G6. I'll let someone else chime in...
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Mine does it.. and I hate it!

Comment

everyone hating it, I like it

Comment

I drive the car so It never bothers me at all. I like it since if the radio is still on when I take the key out and its a song I like or something and I have a passengar it doesn't turn off.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Yea, I like that the radio stays working when other people go in and out. I actually wish MORE stuff stayed on. You have no idea how hard it is to get people to be patient while the pano roof closes.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                            - DS S3 Intake
                            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Yea I like the feature, say you're in the car with a friend and they leave to get something you wait but decide to turn the car off before they get out. That way it doesn't turn off when they get out, on some older cars it was when any door opened the accessory power cut-off.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                              Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                              Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                              -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Working...
                              X