RPMs fluxuate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPMs fluxuate

This is just annoying me and wondering if something is wrong. I can be sitting still and my rpms go up just a bit, maybe 25-50 rpms, then back down and the fan isn't on so I'm wondering why it is doing that. Also when I go to start my car with the remote start it sometimes takes a minute to start. It takes like a few turns to start it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
    Sweet dude.. noqw I'll totally release the patent in your name (K-Dizzle Dee Homedog, right?!) for an immediate payout to my South African Charter One Bank Account in Switzerland via Paypal fundage in teh amount $1 trillion billion Yen and you can get rollin' on those proffit makers right there... Gawd I make Einstein look like an idiot!!

are you sure your ac or defroster isnt on when the rpms bounce? When i am in park my rpms seem to idle a little low and they prob bounce a little but nothing out of the ordinary. About the starting problem, well that could be a number of things. Have you always had these problems or did they just start one day?
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Sounds like there is nothing wrong with your remote start and the RPM's will fluctuate a little bit-if they're jumping all over the place have it looked at.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

This is I think basically the same type of this on the other thread about a rough idle. I wouldnt worry to much about it unless it starts jumping around like crazy as LoJac said...
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Re: RPMs fluxuate

Originally posted by ethikz
          This is just annoying me and wondering if something is wrong. I can be sitting still and my rpms go up just a bit, maybe 25-50 rpms, then back down and the fan isn't on so I'm wondering why it is doing that. Also when I go to start my car with the remote start it sometimes takes a minute to start. It takes like a few turns to start it. Any help would be appreciated.
          My G6 did this and I took it to the dealership. They reprogrammed the computer.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

when I had a problem like this in my Neon, I had a dead cell in the battery. I don't know how long you have had your car, but maybe you should check your battery just for the hell of it.
            "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

Do you mean the car is cranking after you push the remote start...or you're holding the remote start button and it takes a while for the engine to start? It might be the battery wearing out, or you're just too far??
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Well for the idle problem I'm not sure, I've had the car for only about 2 months. It has always done it, when I noticed it I figured it was something to do with fan or air but even when it is turned off it does it and shakes the car some. The remote start is wierd, it only does it sometimes, but when I hit lock then start it from outside it turns over a few times then will start hot or cold outside, it has even done it while I'm in the car. One day it turned over for about a minute before it started. It makes a noise like metal scrubbing together. So I know it isn't the battery it's brand new. I guess I'll be taking it to the dealership.
                Sweet dude.. noqw I'll totally release the patent in your name (K-Dizzle Dee Homedog, right?!) for an immediate payout to my South African Charter One Bank Account in Switzerland via Paypal fundage in teh amount $1 trillion billion Yen and you can get rollin' on those proffit makers right there... Gawd I make Einstein look like an idiot!!

Comment

to remote start you're supposed to hit the lock button then hold the start button for 2 sec.
                  -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                  Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Yea I do and when I do that I hear it turn over then I let off and sometimes it starts other times it keeps turning over for a few more seconds then starts. One time It turned over and started then after it being started it was still turning.

Comment

the start is just simply something that is going on with this car. not just when remote starting

it cranking after it started would of been an awful sound, you sure it kept going like you tried to restart an old car and grinded? or did it crank a little and seem to start and then crank some more?

Comment

this is my 700th post

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

whore, who just posts to say what post it is? besides tom and now i guess you

Comment

It cranked a little after a few revolutions then it just kept making revolutions while it was started so then it finally stopped after about a minute.

Comment

i apologize, i was going to respond in a serious manner but then couldn't come up with anything so i already had the screen up and saw i had 699 posts and my friend told me to just put that it was my 700th post.

Comment

Working...
                              X